Thread: where do you adjust for starting with a cam

Potential Tuner

where do you adjust for starting with a cam

I have a LS2 with a nice sized cam(233/239) it starts good when its cold, when ie at running temp it dosent want to start right up, have to give it alittle gas,
    My question
    Is there a table where i can adjust start up throttle postion?

Look in your Idle Airflow tables for IAC Park Position Airflow. You should probably bump that up and check your Base Running Airflow. It probably needs changes as well.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Potential Tuner
    OK i found a Cranking VE table
    my question is do I add % or subtrake % to help with starting?

Idle base runing airflow is what you need to adjust...
    you should also get your VE table dialed in to the right 14.7 afr before you do idle as an extremely rich or extremely lean idle will have issues as well

there aresome othet things that you can mess with....
    I personally drill a hole in the TB blade(or multiple holes as I believe a few smaller holes are better than 1 giant hole)
    and try to get my hot Idle IAC Position down to around 60ish with fans off and AC off...
    also you can ply with the adaptive idle a lite bit to make it not as agressive and you can change your spark tables to be smoother and more consistent around your idle values..
    most cams like a good 28-32 degrees of timing at idle vs the stock size that likes only 22ish...
    BIG cams liek even more...some liek the trex2 do great with about 35* at idle
    -Scott -