Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Torque Module Solution!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jarrah View Post
    It will also work for crusing of u plug in ur timing and apc it shld be really close
    The 6.2L has different RPM ordinates, can you make a duplicate with those as I went to change the RPM and its locked on graph and final trq/nm numbers.

I'm supercharged so I'm going to try and back into the DD table. From what I see, add your timing in and current G/cyl.

One thing to note, the 6 speeds use engine torque on DD while 8 speed seems to use axle torque. Would be great to have one more line with axle torque after nm.

here is another file I use while tuning those di engines in sheet one u will have to enter ur injector size and current fuel rail pressure and cam durations in one of the other sheets u have to put ur AFR commanded and ign timing. this tool will show u based on ur cam and fuel rail pressure when u will be out of fuel and will also solve for the required SOI and will highlight in red the concerned areas.

play with it and let me know wat u think I also added the apc and map torque tables now u can change the rpm cells too.

there is a throttle tab still not enabled since I am still getting the ecu algorithm figured out I am so far within 2% error of wat ecu commands at idle and cruising I will enable it ASAP it will help u to get the car to idle perfect regardless of cam size

SOI Calc.xlsx

Tuning Addict
    One thing I've always had problems with on these is the idle timing - even with the ve dialed in and after playing with dd and so on sometimes I wind up with what I consider to be too low of ignition timing due to the torque demand pulling it down... I've even substantially lowered the idle areas of the airmass tables and still had issues... Will your idle setup fix things like this?
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Yes i get those to idle all the time at 15 to 20 degrees no issues

Lots of winning going on in that sheet
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

would love to be able to edit some of it or get an LT4 version specifically. the graphs are giving negative power values with LT4 data.

And possibly the 6.2. Ideal world, 5.3, 6.2 and LT4, that covers the 3 fields.

Jarrah, still wrapping my head around all the info but incredible work brother!

In the last file i posted u can edit RPM and copy paste ur torque coefficients from ur tune file another thing to watch for is that in my excel sheet i am only calculating the 0 row in the torque coefficients therefore if ur wot say is 7.5 in the vvt tables copy the 7.5 row from torque coefficients and paste it in the excel sheet in the 0 row also u can cross check in the log u will see that the calculated values matches ur log immediate engine torque .....

Idle tuning hint: since i am still working on it....log ur desired throttle area% and desired throttle airflow wat happens is if u have high opening ur timing will be low in order to control ur idle speed if u lower ur throttle opening timing will be higher to maintain idle speed

Idle tuning hint: since i am still working on it....log ur desired throttle area% and desired throttle airflow wat happens is if u have high opening ur timing will be low in order to control ur idle speed if u lower ur throttle opening timing will be higher to maintain idle speed
    I am pretty sure most know that, but many are having issues altering the idle torque values to correct it since there is no more Base Idle Airflow table. Personally I haven't had an issue with idle yet but I am sure it's just dumb luck.

Tuning Addict
    Yes, it's the desired torque or airflow at idle that I fight with... I can make things better, but never "perfect" or rather how I would like them to be... Surging at idle with O2 switching is another thing I'm hoping this helps to address because the usual switch points addressing doesn't seem to "entirely" do the trick anymore - I've had to lower idle timing down around 4 to 5 degrees to keep this from happening...

I wish there was still a min airflow table or even a desired airflow table like the bosch or ford ecus have, but I've yet to see one?

I know I can change etc scaler to "alter" airflow, but not the ideal solution...
    Last edited by GHuggins; 12-02-2016 at 08:05 AM.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

The zero pedal plus maf and ve and torque coefficients solve for idle and throttle opening i can get them to idle similar to older gen 4 in reality u can solve for the torque required at idle and plug in the numbers and it will work as old gen4 this is wat i will be posting soon ....i still believe hptuners r missing more throttle tables and some other tables i am preparing a list for them to add

Tuning Addict
    0 pedal? I assume your referring to the 0/0 spot of the dd table for it's torque setting? Yes I play with that cell to get idle timing and throttle where I find it idles and runs the best... I must not be changing the torque model enough?

I did find it interesting playing with the tables you posted that I could smooth and change every table except for the airmass table and the torque model almost wouldn't change... I also found it interesting that although I would change say a 2800 zone - it would more so alter the areas around it than it would the 2800 rpm area - also thought it was interesting that I could make a big change (x1.2) - might not do much, then do another (x1.03) and bam - it might go through the roof in this one spot, Sooo really looking forward to being able to change the line itself and it back calculate the coefficients If you might be working on that

~Greg Huggins~

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    would love to be able to edit some of it or get an LT4 version specifically. the graphs are giving negative power values with LT4 data.
    Just had an opportunity to play with the sheet... I am using another program beside Excel but I also ran into this issue..

Nicely done, when I get more time I plan to experiment with it.

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Guys the last file i posted u can change the values for the lt4 as well as the rpm values i tried and i get positive values for the lt4 i also verfied with one of the lt4 logs here on the forums.....

there r some missing tables that allows for the error between measured map and maf and caluclated Using the inverse apc and map modules if we have access to these tables we can simlpy max them out and ecu reverts to measured only and wont fight itself
    Last edited by jarrah; 12-03-2016 at 12:58 PM.

Tuning Addict
    So are you saying that if we had access to these tables that we wouldn't need to adjust the torque model or that we would only need to put in the maximum that it would see in the torque model and then it would follow "actual" map and pedal more fluently?

~Greg Huggins~

Let's please not derail this thread from jarrahs solution. For the HPT implementation, please discuss here: http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...y-now-in-beta!
    Last edited by schpenxel; 12-05-2016 at 06:42 PM.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

here is another file I use while tuning those di engines in sheet one u will have to enter ur injector size and current fuel rail pressure and cam durations in one of the other sheets u have to put ur AFR commanded and ign timing. this tool will show u based on ur cam and fuel rail pressure when u will be out of fuel and will also solve for the required SOI and will highlight in red the concerned areas.

play with it and let me know wat u think I also added the apc and map torque tables now u can change the rpm cells too.

there is a throttle tab still not enabled since I am still getting the ecu algorithm figured out I am so far within 2% error of wat ecu commands at idle and cruising I will enable it ASAP it will help u to get the car to idle perfect regardless of cam size

SOI Calc.xlsx
    Jarrah,

I wasn't able to change RPM on the APC table, just the MAP table, but then I couldn't change the airmass, spark, etc. Any chance you can update that?

Hi guys can u check now
    Attached Files Attached Files

I am really happy with the results i used my calculator on a twin turbo 650whp truck built and tuned by my shop....i got the truck to have the calculated desired airmass and map withen 2% error from ecu calcualtions and the truck drives so good shifts perfect pulls hard throttle opening matches desired perfectly drives way way better then stock trucks i added some equations to my table where u plug logged data vs desired and calculates the error and it will recalcualte ur coeffecients

Jarrah it must be the program I'm using (excel format) but when I input in the stock lt4 tq coifficients I get "#VALUE"
    Or ERROR.... I'll see what actual excel does on my home PC

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C