Thread: Detect Protocol Failed

Detect Protocol Failed

How long does it normally take you hear from technical support? I am having an issue with a Detect Protocol Failed error code and have sent everything asked for from them. Three days later nothing? any ideas?

So I guess I will provide more info. I am trying to pull my tune off of my 2006 Chevy Cobalt ss. when I try to connect to the car it gives me said error. think it was the cable or caused by the update I connected my laptop to my wife's car a 2013 Chevy Cruze with out issue. and then my brothers 2007 Chevy truck again with out issue. I have trouble shooted the terminal and other more basic obd2 scanners will connect to the car but not my hpt???

any ideas would be helpful

I belive that u need to make shure the sigerette lighter fuse is good and not blown and need to make shure u have points for the tuner to use on that car unless u do not have the latest software update for that year check that. and let me know what u do when u plug in to the obd2 port if it fails it dosnt detect any signal because of the fuse runs the port also ,let me know ttyl boostbuick

Tuner in Training
    I have same problem but finally got it to read about half the tune then a window popped up saying send some info to hptuners support. Now I guess I sit and wait. Not impressed so far. Trying to read a 2017 Z06. $650, and this. Geeze

Tuner in Training
    Not the same issue. 2017's need to be unlocked. Read the instructions in the gen5 forum.

Tuner in Training
    Yeah, I sent the info file. Also looks like the 8 speed is not supported. Lots of stuff in the fine print. Oh well, live and learn I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by william.davis84 View Post
    How long does it normally take you hear from technical support? I am having an issue with a Detect Protocol Failed error code and have sent everything asked for from them. Three days later nothing? any ideas?
    Check your OBDII port power, if your interface works fine on other vehicles something with the cobalt isn't jiving. Make sure there are no aftermarket electronics causing an interference with your interface. Things such as aftermarket radios(common) ballast controlled lights, amps, even had a rust control box wired into a chevy truck once, hidden and never found it... lol I doubt yours has that but check your basics first.
    Jake Hatfield
    Central KY

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by dwiall View Post
    Yeah, I sent the info file. Also looks like the 8 speed is not supported. Lots of stuff in the fine print. Oh well, live and learn I guess.
    Its supported as detailed here http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ison-Supported!
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"