Thread: Transmission shifting

Tuner in Training

Transmission shifting

I have an LS1 with a 4L60E transmission with a PCM from 2002 caddy. being a novice at programming I had 3 different companies work on the programming. The transmission automatically up shifts to 2nd gear after I come to a stop. Even if I manually shift into 1st gear when stopped it will remain in 2nd gear. What do I need to modify in programming to correct the issue.

More information would be helpful.

What vehicle is this in now?
    Are you running speed sensors so it knows how fast the wheels are spinning or the input/output shaft of the transmission?

What else is done to the vehicle, like mods, add ons etc etc. Is the tire size and gear ratio all correct?

Post the tune and maybe a log, something could be off still but we'd need that information to help more.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for answering the post

The LS1 and 4L60E is in a 1970 Elcamino. Yes I am running the speed sensor and all other inputs are correct.
    I am not at home again but I will be happy to post the tune when I return home.