Thread: Lowering the Idle Help

Tuner in Training

Lowering the Idle Help

Alright, so MAF is dialed in. VE is great for the cells I'm hitting. I could probably smooth it a bit more I guess but overal the car is running great!

The only thing I want to change now is to move the idle from 900 to 600-700 so I can hear the cam a bit more. I changed the target idle speed and it sounds a lot better but when I drive and let off the throttle (clutch in) it will drop to 200rpms then go back up to 700ish. I will attach a log file and my tune.

My question then is - to lower the idle what other tables need to be modified and how. I looked at the throttle follower and throttle cracker and googled those but 99% of what I found was people asking how to tune them and getting no response. I wasn't able to find any guides like there are for tuning the maf or ve.

Tune/Log attached. Mods in sig.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2005 CTS-V - Single Turbo in the Grill

Tuner in Training
    Doesn't seem like this should be that difficult?
    2005 CTS-V - Single Turbo in the Grill

Potential Tuner
    Idle > Airflow> Base Running Airflow needs to be adjusted for your lower idle. This table is a "How much airflow should I start at to idle at XXXrpms?"

Good idea to look at the Idle Tuning tutorial.

Tuner
    throttle follower airflow decay pn 18 mph up needs to be lowerder to alone the car to come to idle slower once throttle is closed got to think its leaning out when snapped closed iac is not holding idle up as its snapped closed