Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Torqued Tahoe question - Check my tune

Awesome, Thanks buddy, now we are really getting somewhere.

Can you tell me why my injector tables: Fuel - General - Flow Rate vs. KPA are 25.2 across-the-board (stock) and some 2001 LS1's files that I have looked at mostly have varied values across-their-board? ie. 29.0 - 34.5 from low KPA to high? (also stock) Just curious why a person would not want to use this info if say Dietchwerks, was kind enough to provide me with for my 60's?

Thank you. I will do the above right now! Thanks again.

....and should I change the STOICHEOMETRY AFR to 12.0, as well?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by JefTek View Post
    ....and should I change the STOICHEOMETRY AFR to 12.0, as well?
    Dont change the flow rate tables. Your fuel rail has a vacuum referenced fuel pressure regulator, thats why you have 25.2 across the board. The regulator ensures you have a constant fuel pressure in relation to manifold vacuum. No need to change that table, leave it stock.

Also dont change the AFR target table, this is the AFR that the PCM targets when in closed loop. 14.68 is stock and correct for regular gas.

I think you should do a lot more research and reading before modifying anything in your tune. It is very easy to damage the motor or trans with a bad setting.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Have you done any Primary VE and MAF tuning yet? To me they still look factory but I didn't compare them yet.

If not, you need to start there. Then past that you can work with timing and WOT fueling.

Remove the abuse settings on the engine side, raise the enable table from 1,600rpm to 6,000rpm or something. That way it won't enable drivetrain abuse.

You can lower the PE EQ ratio some too, they run pretty fat up top. Something around 12.0 AFR to start with without a wideband should be alright. If you do have a wideband, that is still a good target AFR to start with.

Past that, you really just have too much working against you. The lift kit makes it harder to spin the tires with near stock power levels. The oversized wheels that are at the minimum 20-30lbs heavier than the stockers make it harder to spin. The oversized tires are heavier than stock and make it harder to spin them, as well as them being offroad tires that will want to grip the road.
    That, sir makes complete sense to me. I had no problem painting my home with mud tonight, 4-wheelin' up and out my front-yard, spinnin' 'em up to 6000 in low-low,(only way I could get up and out) took me half hour to rinse the mud off the house, not cool, but cool!

I Tuned it a bit tonight with the (slightly) improved VE tables I got from a 2001 5.7 Camaro. Nice. I can feel the difference.
    Set damage to 8000, cool. Perfect feel now!

I lowered the EQ (ratio) to 12.000 and that was bad - fuel starvation fer-sher! Because the table would not accept 12.0 or 12.00 for a sum. I entered 1.2 (because it is a multiplier of the Stoich commanded 14.7)... After I returned the EQ ratio table to stock I decided to quit while i was ahead and have not re-written these new EQ settings until hearing back from you, thanks 5.
    -jef
    Last edited by JefTek; 11-23-2016 at 12:38 AM. Reason: redundant question removed

Present tune 2001 Tahoe

Primo Pre-Turbo Tune by Jef Tek.hpt
    Here's my present tune with slightly improved VE table and Spark tables, drive-train abuse off but without the Stoich changes yet.

Thanks brother, that's why we only change one thing at a time, right? I do appreciate everyone's help. I need a mentor but slowly we're getting there. I am happy with the way it's running right now, Just looking for any grossly-missed-obvoius (to you) stuff I can improve while waiting for January to come, that's all. I understand a higher stall would be the right way to go, wish I changed that when the motor was out. I am very happy with the truck though, runs great, shifts great, looks great, yea...

EQ ratio isn't a multipler, you are dividing that number from stoich.

So 14.68/1.336 = 10.98AFR. So to command a 12.0 AFR you'd need to set the table to 14.68/1.223 = 12.0.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

A divider I mean, check! Stock is a high of 1.336 so that would be 10.98 AFR right? that sucks, right? I was just doing the math, thanks, I get it. Setting them all to 1.223 gives me an AFR of 12.0 too cool!
    I guess we all have different tabs and whatnot. I saw one newer GM had tables for their AFR.I just have the one box, ha ha!

Setting the PE EQ Ratio to 1.233 feels perfect to me. The 5.7 now runs strong. Such a simple thing, yet a very overlooked parameter in the many programs I've reviewed. Having complete understanding of engines is a must, understanding how PLC's work helps, being a Jef of all trades is a bonus, but reading everything everywhere and reviewing others' tunes is fascinating to me. HPTuners was a great investment and the pride that I now feel from being able to control MY engines' destiny is hard to put a price tag on. After decades of being told,"You can't do this/that" AND living in California for a spell, it sure feels great to ditch my EGR, pop-on a set of 60lb. injectors and twin turbos without big brother interfering. Glad to have the 2001 LS1 to play with, especially considering my first vehicle was a 1971 AMC Javelin 304 V8 T-10 4-speed - boy did it kill me that everything was available for GM, but not for me/it. Looks like the 'tables' have literally turned! The tuning tables, that is. Thanks HPTuners...
    Glad I did it