Thread: Inserting PDI's in primary table.

Tuner

Inserting PDI's in primary table.

How come when I insert engine oil pressure PDI into the primary table it doesn't get a reading? It just reads a static -15.4psi.

Banned
    Are you talking about the gauges in the Channels List + Gauges Layout in VCM Scanner??????????

If so
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ht-problem-fix

Tuner
    No. This is just a new PID I inserted in the primary table (no gauge). The default imperial configuration table does not have engine oil pressure in it. I am working on a 5.3 motor that I just installed in a 91 fox-body. I don't have another way of looking at the oil pressure on this junk yard motor. I hooked HP tuners to my truck today and it shows oil pressure just fine. I checked the pressure sensor on the motor and it looks fine (plugged in etc.)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelGreenStallion View Post
    No.
    Thought so.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelGreenStallion View Post
    This is just a new PID I inserted in the primary table (no gauge). The default imperial configuration table does not have engine oil pressure in it. I am working on a 5.3 motor that I just installed in a 91 fox-body. I don't have another way of looking at the oil pressure on this junk yard motor. I hooked HP tuners to my truck today and it shows oil pressure just fine. I checked the pressure sensor on the motor and it looks fine (plugged in etc.)
    So by "primary table" I'm guessing you're talking about Airflow -> General -> Main VE -> Primary in VCM Editor, correct?
    I'm a VCM Editor noob so I don't think I can help you.
    But I will say/ask
    Have you tried all the oil pressure options/gauges?
    Have you made sure /or is/ that oil pressure PID selected in your Channels list in VCM Scanner?
    Did you read my link/thread? Even though it's VCM Scanner based, it might still help you.
    Why do you want to read oil pressure there anyways when you can read it in VCM Scanner + know that the oil psi is fine???

Tuner
    My bad. What I meant was the Table Display in VCM scanner. Yes I read you link, that sounds more complicated than what I'm trying to do. I used the insert function to add engine oil pressure to the table display because the default does not have it. Like I said in my last post it works when I scan my truck but it doesn't work when I scan this new motor.

Banned
    Are you coming up with your own names/terms/words? Nothing is called "Table Display" in VCM scanner. The only "table" on "display" is the "Channels" list which I mentioned in post #2 (and which you said it isn't what you are talking about) and is on the left hand side of VCM Scanner which shows the gauges/PIDs in a vertical list view.

Did you try a different oil pressure gauge/channel like I mentioned or do you only have 1 available in "Channels"?
    Did you try all the oil pressure gauges in the Gauges Layout + Math Parameters to see if you can get it to work - anywhere?
    Did you test the oil pressure wire going to the PCM?
    Does your oil pressure sensor even work? Not look okay, but actually work.
    Do 5.3L ECMs/PCMs even have a oil pressure input/signal/pin?
    Have you googled "5.3L oil pressure 15.4psi" to see if others have the same problem and if that's the reading that faulty 5.3L oil psi sensors get?