Thread: Open loop MAF tuning question

Tuner in Training

Open loop MAF tuning question

So i have the VVE tuned good now... Im going to move onto the MAF.... I have the histogram gram using STFT+LTFT with maf freq... So to tune in open loop.... Disable COT and DFCO set Closed loop enable to max and dynamic airflow high rpm to zero flash and log and paste special multiply % until its close and then by half in MAF table? Am I correct on this?

Advanced Tuner
    Pretty much. Except for don't use 0 for the dynamic airflow. Put like 100 rpm in there or something. Sometimes these computers don't like zeros in the cells.

And you may need to make a few runs at it. Creep up on the rpms slowly and make sure youre not way off.

I'm confused with the mention of loop and STFT+LTFT in the same post. I assume you're using a wideband when in open loop, yes?

Tuner in Training
    no sorry, still getting the terminology down... im using fuel trims.. wide band is in the near future just tuning everything below 4000 rpm now

Tuner in Training
    ok so i would set dynamic to 100rpm and do i keep COT and DFCO disabled?

Yes still do all of that but leave it in closed loop. Leave the closed loop enable alone

Open loop turns off fuel trims, so you can't use them for tuning with it like that..

Closed loop = fuel trims on

Tuner in Training
    ok, thanks again for all the help!