Thread: Commanded EQ not matching actual Lamda

Commanded EQ not matching actual Lamda

Been seeing the 15+ mustangs commanded EQ does not match the actual A\F as commanded in wot fuel table, Whats going on here. looked at several other data logs posted by others and they all do the same, actual not matching commanded EQ.

post your datalog and file

Car has JLT and borla lt headers no cats
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by The Notch View Post
    well in your wot table your commanding .83 which is correct. actual lambda is .83-.82 but the stft are also pulling anywhere from 10-15% of fuel out
    dial your maf in and you will see the lambda become closer target

if you are referring to the commanded eq your are logging not matching yes it never really matches. as long as wot lambda matches wot target you are good to go

Quote Originally Posted by The Notch View Post
    your maf is about 10-15% happy . trim the whole thing by 10% . your load is 110-116% and your over 101kpa . you may want to adjust either the spark or vct to get rid of the knock also. a good start would be to change the added base advance of "2" to 0 since your borderline is already 21 .
    Last edited by GSLSE20B; 11-17-2016 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GSLSE20B View Post
    your maf is about 10-15% happy . trim the whole thing by 10% . your load is 110-116% and your over 101kpa . you may want to adjust either the spark or vct to get rid of the knock also. a good start would be to change the added base advance of "2" to 0 since your borderline is already 21 .
    oh there is def some vct changes he can make and a bunch more spark to be put in

I found some differences between the cars WB sensors and both an Autronic and Dyno WB sensors, I found raising the bias at high load high rpm to the Max 0.015 rectified this such that the targets matched the actuals in both the car and to an external sensor.

Senior Tuner
    Are you saying a closed loop bias table affects an open loop fuel source condition? Or am I thinking of the wrong tables?

Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    Are you saying a closed loop bias table affects an open loop fuel source condition? Or am I thinking of the wrong tables?
    Correct they are a wide band sensor. You will see fuel trimming under WOT.