Thread: Help

Tuner in Training

Help

Can someone please help me. My computer got flooded with my house here in walker Louisiana and I have logged into my account on here. Is there anyway i could get another copy of the software for this computer somehow? my house and everything in it was ruined...

Senior Tuner
    Sorry to hear about your loss.

Go to www.hptuner.com/ not www.hptuners.com/forum. It will ask you to login and probably ask for the ID for your handheld device. Can't remember what all it asks for. There will be a link there to download the application.

Tuner in Training
    im logged into that, i do not see the link to download the software

Tuner in Training
    I found it thank you! i was stressing because im trying to rebuild my flooded truck

Senior Tuner
    No problem. Best of luck

http://files.hptuners.com/VCM%20Suite/VCM%20Suite.msi

The "try before you buy" link on the homepage is the real software.. just needs an interface and application key before it's really very useful
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner in Training
    Im on again with a problem. I've redownloaded the software twice completely from site on both links. But whenever I start the scanner it says critical file not found! Scanner.HPTdb was not found. You will be unable to scan any vehicles. You must reinstall software.

Email [email protected] with that info and see what they say

I assume you've tried totally uninstalling first?

Tuner in Training
    yes sir have done that will continue to try again. has this happened to anyone before? it will not let me get into any vehicle diagnostics

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    You likely moved around your shortcuts breaking the software, thats my best guess.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Okay i have reinstalled everything including the drivers for my scanner. Now i can get into the vehicle but it will not read all parameters on the vehicles. only some. also im trying to crank relearn my brothers 2011 f150 5.0l and it wants me to rev to 4500rpm which is restricted by stock governors.

Tuner in Training
    unable to initialize funtion is also displayed when trying to communicate with vehicle controls and special functions.

if u are doing a crank sensor it will first rev high then relern and drop the rpm to a safe level if it is still throwing a code id find a shop that can help u in that area of scanning and get it relearned I know our shop can do it and I can also do it on my scanner at work good old snapon lol good luck and keep tuning