Thread: G8 GT to GXP Computer Swap

Tuner in Training

G8 GT to GXP Computer Swap

Have a 2009 G8 GT and want to switch to the GXP computer as its a newer model and has 127 inj limits not 63.5. I have a computer out of a crashed gxp and was wondering how to get it to work. I have installed it and tried to start and it says immobilizer or immobilized I think and the starter will not turn over. I tried changing the vin number to the car I am installing it in and that did not work. Do I need to disable VATS in HP Tuners or take it to a dealer for some sort of reprogramming? What am I doing wrong?

How big of injectors are you trying to run?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    How big of injectors are you trying to run?
    Injectors are just one reason I want to change. I dont want to scale or do the double afr half ifr deal. I have the hardware just want to know how to make it work. I know it has been done before by David, Dsteck, Just have not had any luck getting in touch with him. I have asked before but cant seem to get an answer. Figured if anyone knew how to do it, it would be on here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by ACE Performance; 11-16-2016 at 01:50 PM.

disabling vats will work and the car will run fine. however, you will have the "Engine Immobilized" message on the display in the dash and some features such as the remote start won't work.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by luisdavid11 View Post
    disabling vats will work and the car will run fine. however, you will have the "Engine Immobilized" message on the display in the dash and some features such as the remote start won't work.
    Great thanks! How do I get the message to go away?

well since you're disabling vats, the ecm will fire up but since the bcm and ecm dont match up the bcm will throw that message. i don't think there's a way of getting rid of it with hptuners since it's in the bcm, i may be wrong though

Tuner in Training
    hey ACE, what are you going to do with the original ECM? I think I may have fried mine.

Potential Tuner
    Did you successfully use the gxp ecm?