Thread: Maf Error Filtering - Street Tuning

Tuner in Training

Maf Error Filtering - Street Tuning

I have dual widebands in and am just now trying to tune my MAF with 3.0.

I have the MAF error setup and its logging correctly. I want to get a basic tune in now as I may not make it to a dyno for a bit.

My question then: Should I have any filters setup for the MAF AFR Error. Or can I just cruise around and collect a lot of data. I've read about filtering decel and some other things.

Thanks,

Cam

You can disable the COT and DFCO so they don't get in the way.

If you haven't tuned the VE yet, you should do that first though.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I've been going after that Great Banish DVD which had MAF first. Is there one reason to do one before the other.

I just updated my sig with my go fast mods.

Senior Tuner
    I have wondered why it makes a difference what you do first also. So many say VE first but the two aren't related if you set the tune up the right way while tuning them so I don't see why it makes a difference.

If you are just wanting to get something running quickly and not finish the tune all at once I would start with MAF. I have done a couple that way just to get them safe and driving before I have more time to dial in the VE table.

If there is a reason this is a bad thing to do please educate me. I am new at this and still learning.

I always start with the MAF...reason being is its the easiest and will let you weed out issues with a new setup before tackiling the more complicated and laborious VE tuning; reduce your variables....Get the Platform stable and running first, then tackle the harder VE tuning. Any issues you have you know are associated with the VE tuning process/results. It is all steady state tuning anyway.

JMHO

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    I was able to figure out what DFCO was by searching but not COT. Are these things that really should be turned off? Sorry for the noob questions, just trying to learn.
    2005 CTS-V - Single Turbo in the Grill

Advanced Tuner
    (COT) cat over temp enriches the fuel mixture once the temp threshold of the catalytic converter is passed. Very important to disable this function for wot tuning. otherwise fueling will be inconsistent.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Oleblu View Post
    (COT) cat over temp enriches the fuel mixture once the temp threshold of the catalytic converter is passed. Very important to disable this function for wot tuning. otherwise fueling will be inconsistent.
    I don't have cats. Should I just leave it disabled?
    2005 CTS-V - Single Turbo in the Grill

Advanced Tuner
    Honestly I keep it disabled on both my personal vehicles one with cats and one without. Along with disabling set the max and min enrichment to 1.0 just for insurance.