Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: VCM Suite 3.4 is here!

Advanced Tuner
    It would be nice if some more tables were added for the 97-2003 W-body GM cars, since some of us still tinker with them.

Im still running 3.2. Is it "safe" to run 3.4 yet? I see its been updated to 3.4.28. Am I good coming from 3.2.149?

Yes. The update is stable. There is a new file format which saves tune files into smaller packages. Once you save a file into 3.4...whatever, you will need to do your edited saves in 3.4 going forward.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    Keep in mind that we are still investing a good deal of time in adding functionality and parameters to older platforms when others have given up on them.
    I personally appreciate this! You guys have been a huge help on older Gen3 applications over the last few years!
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 15PSI View Post
    Yes. The update is stable. There is a new file format which saves tune files into smaller packages. Once you save a file into 3.4...whatever, you will need to do your edited saves in 3.4 going forward.
    OK. Imma take your word for it. If it crashes, YOU OWE ME 9000 GRUBELS! LMAO Just kidding...

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
    Yeah...those of us that want it, are looking for simple things like getting rid of DRL's, or windows from the keyfob without buying the window valet thing or whatever...so I'll just turn them off when I start the car instead. I'd pay to be able to edit them...but I know it's unlikely. Pushing tire height differences to the ABS system though, that'd be awesome.

I'd also love the scan tool to have more of the features that the really expensive scan tools have, like re-learning steering wheel angle sensors.
    Being able to tell the BCM to ignore the passlock/passkey protocols, commanding or switching off permanently bump starting, disabling subscription-based communications, remote diagnostics systems, disabling or enabling RPO's, steering angle re-learning or turning off and I am sure many other items contingent on vehicle make and platform.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LSxpwrdZ View Post
    But there isn't. Those commands come from the ECM telling the FPCM what to do. The actual PWM logic and controller trouble codes come from within the FPCM.

I also would like to have support for modifying FPCM control logic as well as PID parameters to log output duty cycle and short term and long term pump duty cycle trims. This would be helpful in adding a larger PWM pump and dialing it's control logic in to prevent trouble codes. Or disabling the codes all together yet keep the fuel pressure feedback to accurately tell the ECM injection differential. Those are just a few things access to the FPCM would offer.

Right. Well in any case I was surprised that it did end up being effective in raising the fuel pressure on that Cruze operating system.
    2017 Silverado LTZ

Advanced Tuner
    Keep in mind that we are still investing a good deal of time in adding functionality and parameters to older platforms when others have given up on them.

That's awesome, thanks HPT guys!!
    2017 Silverado LTZ

Advanced Tuner
    FWIW I don't much care for how how the column table is displayed when you click on it. For example on a Chrysler if you are changing the InjPW vs. Fuel Mass tables it makes it harder to compare the tables with the way it's displayed now.

ok i have an issue. me and my friend are both running the new version of hp tuners and under the (Engine > Fuel > Power Enrichment), he has way more options than I do. Why is that? I bought mine used, I dont know if that would have anything to do with it. Is there a way i can fix this to have the same options as him? Below is what we see on each others computers

all i have under the tab is...

Power Enrichment

PE Throttle/Pedal
    Hot

Power Enrichment
    EQ Ratio (Gas) EQ Ratio (Alcohol)

He has...

Power Enrichment

PE Enable
    Map, xx, kPa
    Map Hyst, xx, kPa
    Enable RPM, xx, rpm

PE Throttle/Pedal
    Hot

Power Enrichment
    EQ Ratio (Gas)
    Enrichment Ramp In, xxxxx

PE Delay
    RPM, xxxx, rpm

Piston Protection
    Enable RPM, xxx, rpm

Id post some pics but it wont let me

Edit, view, advanced. Close and reopen
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Thank you.

Unfortunately even if we would consider BCM adjustments, we have no good way to license enhanced bidi controls yet.
    Even just being able to turn on/off the idiot light for the TPMS on a late-model car would be awesome. Relearning the sensors would be among most folks basic needs too.
    '15 Colorado Z71 | '07 TrailBlazer SS | '87 Monte Carlo SS | '80 Lemans Wagon

Trying to open customers file made from 3.2.11 with my version 3.4.28 but am getting "unable to open file. incorrect file header"

Here are the files. He told me one of them is locked, but forgot which one...sorry. Did I miss something in the update or are these files corrupt?

Ed M
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mowton; 12-09-2016 at 04:11 PM.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Ed, those files seem corrupt. If you mail them back to the customer, can he still open them?
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    Ed, those files seem corrupt. If you mail them back to the customer, can he still open them?
    Thank you Keith, I haven't been able to contact him since this afternoon...will do though. We were supposed to connect at 5pm ??????

Thank you for the look and will update as I get more info. Have a good weekend

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    Hey... Can you all set the default unit of measure in the transmission shift pressures to PSI? Its kinda annoying to have to go and change that.

Potential Tuner
    Where can I get 3.4 +(Plus)?? 3.4 is not working with my 2017 Camaro SS

What isn't working? 3.5 beta is available by emailing support

Tuner
    Feature Request

Can the scanner automatically record DTC's in the data log? It would be very handy for those of us who do a lot of remote and email tunes. Its also nice to know what DTC's are present when looking through a log.

Advanced Tuner
    hellcatinj.jpg

can you please change this back to the way it was in 3.2? It is damn near impossible to compare inverse tables with this setup. You also can't change the units, g to mg, etc.