Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 9.84 @ 139 - Thanks to All!!

Senior Tuner

9.84 @ 139 - Thanks to All!!

After almost a year off from the strip due to ongoing issues with the car and just continually cancelled events due to weather, finally got her out to the track. Believe as of today this is the record for a Whipple 2.9L powered car on a LX/LC platform (aside from Drag Pak). Full weight, stock suspension, stock interior. Last minute changes to the max throttle settings and WOT timing finally tamed the launch of this 760wtq monster.

60' 1.411
    1/8 6.299@ 110.96
    14 9.843 @ 139.10

https://youtu.be/w0Nz6QWR1P0

Thanks to everyone on this forum that have helped tremendously along the way, special thanks to the HP Tuners gurus for cracking the TCM on these whores so we could finally dial in our transmissions.
    Last edited by 06300CSRT8; 11-14-2016 at 10:04 AM.

Nice job! Thank you for your support on our forum.

Senior Tuner
    Congratulations man, that's pretty sweet right there.
    Jaime

Great Job! And yes, thank you for all you do around the forum as well.

That is Awesome Bro.

Congrats man! Didn't anyone tell you that there are no fast cars tuned with HPT???
    2013 Dodge Challenger RT Plus - Shaker

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Pector55 View Post
    Congrats man! Didn't anyone tell you that there are no fast cars tuned with HPT???
    Haha so I have heard, guess I just didn't want to believe it.

Advanced Tuner
    Nice run. Good to see all the hard work pay off.

Now tell your camera man to turn his phone sideways.....

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by doc350 View Post
    Nice run. Good to see all the hard work pay off.

Now tell your camera man to turn his phone sideways.....
    LOL its my brother, hes on an android, have fought with him for years how poor quality his stuff is, he claims its Youtube or my iphone that converts it,

Advanced Tuner
    Great job man. Perseverance always prevails.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    awesome work
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    Congrats again. Awesome accomplishment for the PD guys. A lot to learn from here as I know a number of folks who still have major issues getting these things off the line with all that torque.

With said, how is the transition feel on the street? Is it palatable enough to say it isn't like a light switch?

Chris

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HemiC View Post
    Congrats again. Awesome accomplishment for the PD guys. A lot to learn from here as I know a number of folks who still have major issues getting these things off the line with all that torque.

With said, how is the transition feel on the street? Is it palatable enough to say it isn't like a light switch?

Chris

Zero light switch effect at all anymore on my setup, had it initially very very bad. Couple small tune changes and its nearly gone.

Advanced Tuner
    Bad ass dude. Glad to hear you're doing well.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    Zero light switch effect at all anymore on my setup, had it initially very very bad. Couple small tune changes and its nearly gone.
    Awesome result!!
    Nice job and thanks for all the info you pass on here.

Light switch throttle on PD blower cars is BS.
    It can totally be tuned, just takes a bit of patience to get em super smooth.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemituna View Post
    Awesome result!!
    Nice job and thanks for all the info you pass on here.

Light switch throttle on PD blower cars is BS.
    It can totally be tuned, just takes a bit of patience to get em super smooth.
    Glad to hear this as it is the only reason I haven't jumped on whipple as of yet. I drive this thing every day and enjoy having the razor sharp throttle of NA and being aggressive with the pedal without instant WOT.

So you have no problem modulating between no boost/boost without major spikes in the throttle? If so that is great news.

Chris

Advanced Tuner
    "So you have no problem modulating between no boost/boost without major spikes in the throttle? If so that is great news."

None whatsoever....have done maggies, edelbrock and whipples and all have tuned up great.

Early days was a struggle and I changed actuators, springs, preload etc but eventually ended up with the blowers just as delivered.

It was all in the tune-up, proper tune and they are just like big NA engine....smooth, linear power. My daily drive is a whipple 15 SRT 6.4.
    Last edited by Hemituna; 12-14-2016 at 07:05 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Music to my ears man. Hearing the same from others, just haven't driven one yet. Thanks for tolerating my persistent inquiry on the topic. I have had Novi's, Vortech's and a 4.2KB and have had them fairly smooth but could never get rid of that subtle but annoying bump/surge as you make that transition from .7-9 to 1.X pratio.

To hear how this has been improved has made my day. Always loved the way a PD blower felt in terms of throttle response and low end torque. The power potential at the track, especially with our big pigs, is huge as proven by 06300CSRT8 in this thread. The challenge has always been managing the power on line. He has clearly nailed it.

I have more questions relative to putting it on 6.4 so I will send you a pm.

Thanks again,

Chris

Oh guru of the hemi, can you learn me ?

IMPRESSIVE that a awesome time. congrats
    2008 jeep Wrangler 3.8
    1995 trans Am ls1
    2011 volt