Thread: Custom gauges tips - How to - setting Ranges - red alert light problem fix...

Banned

Custom gauges tips - How to - setting Ranges - red alert light problem fix...

I've read heaps of posts regarding people having problems setting up their gauges and their red alert warning lights, people thinking it's a problem on HPT's end, people thinking they're crazy (hi Schpenx lol)... Thought I'd make a thread to help people out, provide a few tips...
    I won't go over everything as I want to keep this as short as possible.

Setting up

Round Analog (Eclipse) Gauges: Start with "Arc Start" and "Arc Sweep". Enter 130 for Arc Start and 280 for Arc Sweep and go from there. If the "arc" is a little off, adjust the side (of the arc) by adding/subtracting (from 130 or 280) until it's perfect. Add your Max and Min Limits. Don't stress, you can always adjust them later.. even after you scanned/logged a run.

Vertical Bar Gauges: Make sure you adjust the Major Ticks Count above 0 or you won't get any readings/numbers happening. You can easily adjust the size and location of all your gauges (bottom right corner of Gauge Display Layout).

Troubleshooting

Problem: Gauge won't work in Gauges Layout.
    Solution: Make sure you also have the same gauge selected in your Channels List first. If that doesn't sort it out, select a different gauge. For example there are about 10 different "Torque" options/gauges to choose from. Keep trying them until one works. Adjust your max limits too (enter a number greater than 0).

Problem: Can't select full screen for just my Gauges Layout.
    Solution (kind of. 95% full screen): Remove the Graph and Chart vs. Time layouts (click on "x" in the top right corner of the layouts) then drag the Channels List vertical slidebar to the left.

Problem: Can't sort out red alert warning light / constantly stays on / doesn't work...
    Solution: You have to play around with the "Ranges" inputs/area in Gauges Display Layout and enter the correct numbers in the correct order and correctly select the "Levels".
    Look how I set up my AFR gauge and got that red warning light to work when it's below 12 and also when it's reading above 15.4.
    Gauges.jpg Have a good look at my Ranges area. The numbers, the sequence, the Levels...
    Don't skip from
    0 to 10
    then
    11 to 20

do
    0 to 10
    then
    10 to 20

That's pretty much it. Feel free to ask any questions.

That worked. Thanks
    2012 C6 Base, Kooks 1-7/8" LT, Catted, NPP
    Novi 1500SL, 10% OD IW, Big Blower Cam, Flip Drive, 2x Alky, ID1000
    Nitto NT05R 305x19, 255x18 on CCW T10s
    Self built and tuned https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kod2UTqrVwM

Impressive that you figured it out!

I plan to change the way the gauge ranges are defined in the future.

Instead of Start-End Level, instead it will be something along the lines of Start-End, Checkbox to enable "Color Band", Checkbox to enable "Gauge Background Alert", Color

So, basically, you'll be able to pick the exact color you want for that range, and toggle weather you want to see the band around the gauge, as well as if you want that level to highlight the gauge the color of your choice.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Advanced Tuner
    That will be nice.
    I build stuff...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ_Phil View Post
    That worked. Thanks
    You're welcome. Glad I could help.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    Impressive that you figured it out!

I plan to change the way the gauge ranges are defined in the future.

Instead of Start-End Level, instead it will be something along the lines of Start-End, Checkbox to enable "Color Band", Checkbox to enable "Gauge Background Alert", Color

So, basically, you'll be able to pick the exact color you want for that range, and toggle weather you want to see the band around the gauge, as well as if you want that level to highlight the gauge the color of your choice.
    Thanks. That sounds good.
    Bah, deleted my "triangle-shaped gauges" idea/post. Don't think it'd be good once you add the Limits/numbers to the gauge.