Thread: Help with tune

Tuner in Training

Help with tune

I am in the process of dialing in the VVE.. I think its looking alot better... the truck every so often "bucks" at low rpm like driving through a neighborhood... I have not tuned the MAF as I am still reading on how to do that narrowband... Can you guys look over my tune and see if anything looks out of the normal? I have a 218/224113LSA cam airraid tube and deleted 3rd cat... I am trying to find a tuner to actuallybe able to dyno it but in my area thats next to nothing... any advice greatly appreciated.. Thanks again!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Have you been failing the MAF in the tune when you tune your VVE table??

That tune still shows the MAF active and can be screw your data up.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    i am thinking so.... I set the MAF freq high low fail to 2 and 1 set codes to fail on 1st and then disable DFCO and COT am i missing something?

That is correct, was just curious if the tune you posted was the one you are tuning with or was tuning with because that one has both MAF/VVE enabled.

The VVE still has a few minor dips in it still, nothing major but maybe some more logging and getting it dialed in will help.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 11-13-2016 at 08:22 PM.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    ok thank you... yeah i forgot the tune uploaded was after i took it out of SD..

Tuner in Training
    Hey 5FDP can you look at my trans part of the tune... I made a few adjustments i am looking for firmer quicker shifts.... Let me know what you think
    Attached Files Attached Files

Shift time torque adder UPSHIFT NORMAL is pretty much the main "shift time" table it will use. You can quicken that to around .3000 in these heavy trucks. Anything past 59ft/lbs would be alright to make quicker. The other table is your on-coming pressure presets, I only adjust gears 1-4 because 5th and 6th are overdrive gears.

My numbers are similar to yours but I have 5-10% more in the 0,1. Also play with your shift pressure, sometimes going to far will just make the shift slower and worse. I maybe added 5% line pressure and get great quick shifts without it bucking and jolting into the next gear. With and shift time or pressure/preset related changes you need to do a reset/preset relearn in the scanner before you drive it or the changes won't take affect.