Thread: 98 LS1 Fuel Trims-100?

Advanced Tuner

98 LS1 Fuel Trims-100?

Hey guys has anyone had issues with the 98 LS1s showing fuel trims in the -100 range. This is strange because the car I just encountered this on was a car that I have previously scanned and the scanner was reading properly. I know it is in the scanner because it only does this on 98s.

Advanced Tuner
    my 99 truck does it, and i even have an 01 OS. Just close the scanner out and open it back up. It just does this, dont know the reason why.

Chris
    2009 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L, stock.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks. Chris or any of you guys have any knowledge to spread on this issue? BTW it seems worse with the MVPI unit.

I encountered this the other day. Strangely enough when I flashed a different file onto the 98 PCM (complete different file/tune) the LTFT's read fine in the scanner. When I put the -100 tune back on the PCM, and scanned it was reading -100 again. I thought perhaps it was the tune but I couldnt tell how in the heck you would get the tune to do that.

Tuner

reading -100

When the histogram is displaying -100 it means the data was "dropped (packets)." There was an old thread on this somewhere. Flashing a new tune in won't change the data transfer. It would be just coincidental. You might need to send the relevant info to Keith to sort out.
    Cheers
    Brian

Advanced Tuner
    Keith,Chris...anyone what do you think? Is there a thread somewhere on this that I am missing in my searches? It seems that my MVPI is a lot buggier than my serial version.

Advanced Tuner
    ttt

What software version are you guys using?
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Advanced Tuner
    Newest version. 2.10.x I cant remember but I also have the MVPI interface.