Thread: Hptuner speedometer reading?

Potential Tuner

Hptuner speedometer reading?

Guys what am I doing wrong? I get a zero almost all the time on the Hptuner scanner speedo. If I run the engine up to redline I will get it to register 2-5mph at the top of the RPM range. I also have been getting a p0502 code. I have a Vss gear and sensor on the half shaft. Do I have the parameters set wrong on Hptuners or is something maybe wrong with my Vss sensor? Thanks

Josh

Banned
    WTF
    Did I not just make the "same" thread lol.
    Did you read mine?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post
    WTF
    Did I not just make the "same" thread lol.
    Did you read mine?
    I didn't see yours, what is your headline?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 944v8 View Post
    I didn't see yours, what is your headline?
    "Can someone help me sort out my speedo problem please? Wiring issue" up top in "VCM Suite General".

I get a "0" until I hit about 20..
    then I get a "2"
    then "3".. when I'm doing 40
    :/
    Last edited by Mr. Smith; 11-11-2016 at 07:59 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    "Can someone help me sort out my speedo problem please? Wiring issue" up top in "VCM Suite General".

I get a "0" until I hit about 20..
    then I get a "2"
    then "3".. when I'm doing 40
    :/
    Depends on your pulse rate and all that but I'll make it simple as I went through the exact same thing in my lq4 swapped car with an aftermarket speedometer cable assisted pulse generator.

Go to Speedo > and under Hardware you'll see VSS P./Rev - Trans. Set it to 8.00

Also under Speedo you'll see Sensor Calibration with VSS Pulses per Mile. Set it to 10 000 mi

I played around with these parameters and basically nailed down the same speed as my Gps speedometer phone app.

Keep adjusting up or down if the speed is still off after using my values. You'll most likely be increasing the VSS Pulses per mile value from your current value to get the speed reading accurately.
    Last edited by Matt_lq4; 11-12-2016 at 03:51 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_lq4 View Post
    Depends on your pulse rate and all that but I'll make it simple as I went through the exact same thing in my lq4 swapped car with an aftermarket speedometer cable assisted pulse generator.

Go to Speedo > and under Hardware you'll see VSS P./Rev - Trans. Set it to 8.00

Also under Speedo you'll see Sensor Calibration with VSS Pulses per Mile. Set it to 10 000 mi

I played around with these parameters and basically nailed down the same speed as my Gps speedometer phone app.

Keep adjusting up or down if the speed is still off after using my values. You'll most likely be increasing the VSS Pulses per mile value from your current value to get the speed reading accurately.
    Thank you very much for that. Yeah I had just figured that I could play around with the VSS/Speedo an hour ago. Can't wait to do it. Have to get an unlocked PCM first.

Now back to the OP's question lol..
    944v8 have you tried messing around with the speedo settings?

Potential Tuner
    Thank you very much for that. Yeah I had just figured that I could play around with the VSS/Speedo an hour ago. Can't wait to do it. Have to get an unlocked PCM first.

Now back to the OP's question lol..
    944v8 have you tried messing around with the speedo settings?
    I had changed it once to to what I believe was the correct settings. Tomorrow I will have to try some off the wall settings to see if I can get some changes.