Thread: Supercharged 15-16 Mustang

Supercharged 15-16 Mustang

I know there are a few people having issue with these, myself included. I have tuned a couple but am not toatally happy with the results and have a couple of queries for other who may have been tuning these for longer as they are relatively new to Australia and are totally different to the Australian vehicles.

Firstly are people using HP able to acheive driveability similar to stock? I have issues with torque throttle corrections at low rpm medium load transitions, particularly when driving up a gradual incline or accelerating from a set speed where a down shift is likely to occur, under power the vehicles are great to drive but not good enough under moderate low rpm traffic manouvers, as I write I consider maybe I should raise the drivers request for that area I'm having an issue as this may reduce the TQ throttle control intervention. I have reduced Transmission Airmass TQ limit to zero and Airmass tipin to zero without any sucess, I also reduced downshif torque reduction in case this was causing the problem with no real improvemnet.

IPC error, I have not been able to eliminate this totally around 0.9-1.0 load, which is as boost comes on, I have calculated the inverse TQ and used the dyno increased torque as the model for all TQ mapped points. It is like there is an internal reference to the throttle prediction airflow, which makes me wonder has anyone played with the throttlebody airflow predicted airflow on a boosted car with a stock throttle. I see a number of people have had issues when fitting other throttles and clearly the airflow for a given angle wil be significantly different. The WOT entry point does influence the IPC error and according to HP the driver demand table is ignored, I assume it bends towards WOT and during the bend it logs IPC errors but at WOT the errors again drop to zero. The WOT entry point needs to be reduced in a blown application in order to enrichen progressively and not run too lean under boost.

Any thoughts or comments are welcome.

Hi this is my first supercharged mustang that I'm tuning & suffering almost identical problems as you are, its a 2.9 whipple kit auto with a std t/b has 1/78 headers & twin 3'' pipes.
    I'm going to try & use the std torque tables & build something from there & as you mentioned at WOT its perfect currently making 550rwhp

any advice would be appreciated

I tried that and found the driveability to be terrible, it was incredibly agressive, nothing then wheel spin. I also used measured air flow to generate torque tables with no real improvement (backwards to common consensus). I have another tune I'm looking at for comparison and have noticed 2 things, Cyclair Anticipation is disabled, they have a large IPC max/min difference and ETC predicted airflow is considerably raised, any or all these could help our cause.

I've set up air load_schedule torque_engine indicated torque_ ipc wheel error & desired load from torque & comparing the air load & desired load then holding the car in a dyno at a steady state using the historgragh airload V rpm with airload matching torque axis & have found that over 2500-3000 rpm had improved dramatically but still needs more logging for lower rpm, the other thing that I noticed was it pulled out a heap of timing but that I can redo

Quote Originally Posted by b00sty View Post
    I've set up air load_schedule torque_engine indicated torque_ ipc wheel error & desired load from torque & comparing the air load & desired load then holding the car in a dyno at a steady state using the historgragh airload V rpm with airload matching torque axis & have found that over 2500-3000 rpm had improved dramatically but still needs more logging for lower rpm, the other thing that I noticed was it pulled out a heap of timing but that I can redo
    I think the issue may be to do with the throttle prediction airflow, I was able to get a noticeable improvement by adjusting the drivers demand Tq such that the torque around 20-30% throttle was higher more closely reflecting the Indicated TQ, I was thinking to reduce the amount of correction the ecu has to apply. I am looking more into the Predicted throttle angle, throttle angle error and ETC vacuum, I'll se how I go.

sound like your making more progress that what I am.

Quote Originally Posted by b00sty View Post
    sound like your making more progress that what I am.
    I am able to make the cars drive 90% but it seems at the moment like they are all different which makes it hard.