Thread: Tuning A 6.0L Powerstroke

Tuner in Training

Tuning A 6.0L Powerstroke

Hello all I am new to the tuning world and trying to learn. I bought my HPTuner about a year or so to tune on chevy ecotec that I am putting in a off road buggy.

I seen hpt supported the 6.0L PSD now so I bought credits to unlock unlock my truck. I read and google tuning a 6.0L but could find much to help me with what I should change and most important what not to change... any guidance would be appreciate... Thanks Craig...

craig stock tune 6.0l 2004 f250 - STOCK.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Towing.hpt Here try this and compare its a 2006 but the concept is the same.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you...Going to mess around with it a little make small changes...

Tuner in Training
    Got a question? When I first start my truck the exhaust has a nice rumbling sound then get quit...Is there a why to tune the veins to stay open at idle then just off idle they close and then work as they "stock"....

Tuner in Training
    you can move your vgt or veins some you will have to play around with that to see what truck likes. also the exaust your running will make a difference in sound as well.

Tuner in Training
    Ok thanks will mess around with the vgt...I am running 4" straight pipe...

Advanced Tuner RandomEnthusiast's Avatar
    To get that nasty idle bump your desired boost at idle down and adjust veins more open. I've played with it. Takes a while but it should work.

Tuner in Training
    Where do you make the changes in hp tuner?

This worked on an 04 so not sure if it works on newer 05-07 trucks. I was really just playing with it and I deleted it afterwards so I don't even have the file anymore so not exactly sure how this will do but it should do it. idle 2.pngidle.png

Tuner in Training
    Adjusted the cells a good bit higher and didn't make much of a change. How much of a change does it take?

Hmm. Did you adjust the expected? I can't think of what other tables I modified as well.