Thread: Wideband VE Tuning on LS2 - 14.7 commanded when set to command 13.0

Wideband VE Tuning on LS2 - 14.7 commanded when set to command 13.0

I used a wideband instead of LTFTs on my VE table tune so I attempted to disable LTFT by setting enable temp to 250 degrees and enable RPM to 6500. I found it was necessary to manually turn Fuel Trim Learn off via the VCM controls tab and also to force open loop. I'm not sure why this was as I thought I had set all parameters to disable these in the calibration. If you dont manually set these via the VCM controls, the ECM still commands 14.7 somehow even though its calibrated to command 13.0 in the Open Loop AFR vs ECT vs MAP (set to 1.13). Not sure what's going on there but any info would be great.

I was able to keep the ECM to command 13.0 using VCM controls to manually force open loop and disable fuel trim and therefore was able to complete my VE tuning. Just curious as to what I missed?

Interestingly, I also have a screenshot where histogram shows Fuel System Status as "OL - Not Ready" but the Status Bit Display shows Closed Loop On and Fuel Trim Learn on. This was with the calibration as stated, but before doing the above, afterward they are both off as expected. This is on an LS2.
    Last edited by Joe6pt0; 05-23-2006 at 11:18 PM.

you need to set the closed loop enable temp and also the O2 readiness temps really high to disable closed loop on the LS2. It sounds like you just disabled the LTFT's which is not what you want.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

I did also change the closed loop enable temp to 250, but forgot to change the 02 readiness temps. They were set at -40 stock so I guess I just figured that didn't matter. Thanks!

So, really it seems I could have just left all of that alone and just used the VCM control to turn off closed loop. 6 of 1, half dozen of the other I suppose

yeah you can do that too, but most people find it one less thing to worry about since if you ever forget you need to reset fuel trims etc. all the time. IMO easier just to disable and reset fuel trims once, then turn it all back on again when you're done.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...