Thread: Supercharged 5.3 tune has shifting issues

Tuner in Training

Supercharged 5.3 truck needs "GOOD" Tuner

If there is any one around that knows the GM trucks I would be grateful if you would have a look at the
    tune file and provide some feed back. It is an 04 with 5.3 4L60E and 2300 Magna charger. She hunts
    for gears and I am struggling with the shifting. I am open to all input be it positive or negative on the
    entire file. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mrgrim; 11-11-2016 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Getting worried

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgrim View Post
    If there is any one around that knows the GM trucks I would be grateful if you would have a look at the
    tune file and provide some feed back. It is an 04 with 5.3 4L60E and 2300 Magna charger. She hunts
    for gears and I am struggling with the shifting. I am open to all input be it positive or negative on the
    entire file. Thanks in advance.
    I am no expert tuner, I know on my 05' with a turbo didn't like to shift when in boost without some torque management in the transmission side. I see yours is zero'd out. I also added some pressure to the shifts. My truck is all stock except for turbo and fuel system.

Tuner in Training
    Would you know what you added back in on the management? And thank you for having a look I am
    far from an expert myself.

Tuner in Training
    I just copied and pasted the values from my stock tune file. I have been playing around with removing a little at a time looking for the "sweet spot"

Tuner in Training
    I would be willing to pay a "Pro" to have a look at the file in a general sense to see where
    the weak points in the tune are.

What map sensor is this running? Those linear/offset settings look weird.

Cylinder volume is wrong for a 5.3, it should be .66594 and not .67003

It would be worthwhile in my eyes to revert to a speed density tune instead of a MAF setup because you can't tune the VE for boost with a 1 bar map table.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I am hunting for a local tuner. If you have an import or a mustang there are tons of shops. But if you have
    a GM let alone a truck good freakin luck. I will end up putting it on a trailer and hauling it to some one to
    tune it. Lesson learned on my part for sure. All tuners are not equal. And just because they say they tune
    tons of cars means zero. I talked to customers before I let this guy do the tune and it was all positive. What
    I failed to realize was they all had imports. I need a good shop in PA,NJ,DE any advice?