Thread: super rich and a flat spot i cant figure out

Potential Tuner

super rich and a flat spot i cant figure out

so i have a 01 camaro iv been trying to tune but its beating my brain to death. i put a rear mount turbo on it with 80lbs injectors. it stays really rich all the time and goes real lean on tip in after coasting with the throttle closed. and it also has a spot in the 4500 to about 4800 rmp zone that acts like a rev limiter. i cant seem to find out how to make a good ve table in the new 3.0. im also running a 2 bar OS. some help would be nice. and its just a 5.3 with a ls6 intake on it. nothing too special. and it idles really low with surges.

There is a help file on setting up a scanner for VE tuning. It might help you some because you are right, that VE is looking pretty rough still.

Are you using a wideband to tune, it will help you a lot with tuning your VE. You can even use the STFT + LTFT for tuning spots out of boost.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Yeah, this thing isn't even close. Fuel trims are like -50%

Potential Tuner
    I have a WB installed just not hooked up to the scanner. i dont have the pro so itll take some rewiring of the ac pressure wire that is 5 volts. the car starts and runs kinda. where can i find that file. iv been looking forever for a 3.0 ve tutorial about it. all i can find is older ones.

Potential Tuner
    how would i go about fixing the fuel trims? it has just been kicking my ass

Make sure fuel injector data is correct then correct the airflow model. MAF and or VE depending on what you're running. Tuning 101.
    Last edited by schpenxel; 11-10-2016 at 10:23 AM.

Potential Tuner
    No MAF its speed density. injector data is good.

If injector stuff is all good, then tuning the VE will bring the fuel trims back to normal.

You can either do this open loop with a wideband or do it with the fuel trims out of boost to get you going. Then build yourself a VE past 105kpa for boost and use your wideband to tune there.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.