Thread: Best changes to do on a mostly stock 392 hemi

Question Best changes to do on a mostly stock 392 hemi

what can I improve or make changes on a mostly stock (cai only ) 2012 392 hemi challenger ? any transmission or tq management ?
    any input is appreciated

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    depends on your fuel quality

lower your ignition timing
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

thanks for the input , i can only get 93 octane, where and why lower the ignition? too much for 93?

Senior Tuner
    Datalog the car. I was getting a good bit of knock on my stock 392 Charger. I ended up adding some fuel and dropping the timing a little bit. There are several little things you can change but I honestly haven't seen much of a difference in any changes I have made. I'm not sure if it's because I've made little changes over time experimenting with things or what. If I get a chance tonight I'm going to make the part throttle cam events more aggressive. I'm guessing this will make a difference. They are pretty far from WOT. I'm guessing this is for emissions.

Not sure what path I'll take on adjusting these. They are set to 100 everywhere on the stock tune so not sure if I'll keep the cam locked part throttle and just increase it or if I'll copy the WOT table over and drop percentages from it and test.

I didn't really see an increase in knock retard cutting throttle rate spark in half by the way. I think that's what it was called in the Dodge. It is the table that pulls timing at tip in.

I changed from RaceTrac and/or QT fuels to BP and/or Shell and lost what little KR I had. I run 93 octane.
    2013 Dodge Charger R/T Plus, Stock 5.7L, Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1, 3.25" Pulley, 450-HP 459-TQ.
    Corsa Sport CatBack, 3.06:1 Wavetrac, Dual Fans, 1-7/16 Radiator, Mopar Oil Cooler
    2005 Radix'd Silverado L33 5.3 ECSB Z71 @ 387-HP 395-TQ

Senior Tuner
    It seems like the part throttle table I mentioned doesn't change the camshaft position but is just used for some kind of calculations. I just attempted to make the change and it did not seem to make a difference. I was looking at a 6.4 Challenger tune and the normal camshaft position tables seem to be in that definition. I'll submit a ticket to support to try to get them added.

anyone else?