Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2.2L (L61) Cobalt support

Tuner
    I see the 03 and 04 Ion have matching #s.
    So are these E16 or not?

i honestly don't know. The software looks completely different to the E16 PCM i have. Here's what it looks like.

I count sheep in hex...

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfcent
    No, it won't. At WOT, it won't select 3rd gear until around 4000 rpm. And I need to lock the converter too.

With a manual controller, I can force it to stay in 3rd with a locked converter. That will make doing runs a lot more consistent.
    Ahhh, I misunderstood. In the scanner, under "displays", and "VCM controls", under the "trans" tab, there looks to be a manual gear selector, however I havn't gotten my cable yet, or have an auto, so I can't verify that this works, but something to check out anyways.

Tuner in Training
    In my reading of the tutorials here, it doesn't appear as if I have the ability to dynamically control any of the functions. I have to make my changes, perform a flash, and then run the engine and see. Kind of trial and error. If I could dynamically control the trans while it was running with the software, then ya, that would be great. But I'm pretty sure I can't do that.

Tuner
    You can control some things realtime... You can select a gear to stay in, Lock, unlock TCC, and a few other things.. But things like timing, fueling, trans pressures, etc... has to be done like you said..

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    i honestly don't know. The software looks completely different to the E16 PCM i have. Here's what it looks like.
    "LOOKS" Indetical to the one in my post (04 ION)
    WopOnTour

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfcent
    In my reading of the tutorials here, it doesn't appear as if I have the ability to dynamically control any of the functions. I have to make my changes, perform a flash, and then run the engine and see. Kind of trial and error. If I could dynamically control the trans while it was running with the software, then ya, that would be great. But I'm pretty sure I can't do that.
    Yes the editor cannot be run dynamically, but the scanner, where the tranny controls that I mentioned are, can be done dynamically.

Tuner in Training
    Hmm, ok, if that's all correct, then that would be great. It would save me the need to purchase the extra control box. So if I understand you correctly, the HP Tuner software will allow me to hold the trans in a single gear with a locked converter while the car is running so I can perform consistent dyno tunes, right?

Tuner
    Yes it will allow you to do all those things, and much more...

PM me with your email, and when I get home, I can send you some screenshots of the dynamic controls in the scanner. Might not be the exact same on your car, but should give ya an idea of whats available...

Potential Tuner
    Any updates on the Cobalt support?

Potential Tuner
    1G1AK15F067727312

2006 Cobalt

Well thats awesome! Looks like some competition....

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by WopOnTour
    "LOOKS" Indetical to the one in my post (04 ION)
    WopOnTour
    yeah, same as teh 2 I have here as well
    Quickest stock piece of plastic this side of the Mason-Dixon

Quote Originally Posted by WopOnTour
    My info is that the 03-06 ION w/ L61 2.2 and 05-06 Cobalt w/ L61 2.2 ALL use the E16A ECM.
    Not sure about that sticker in the other thread though- to the best of my knowledge no such box exists (E11) Not to be confused with the P11 of course
    WopOnTour
    Can you confirm? I show that the 05+ saturn ion 2.2 does not use the E16A ECM.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

After further review it does appear 05-06 use the E16, but the 07 2.2 we should support as it appears to be an E67.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Advanced Tuner
    I wonder if they support swaps easily? That way the I4 forum isn't full of the same "2.2 tuning, is it here yet?" Hehe no offence to the 2.2's . I'm sure there is some way to swap to the E67 if the 07s use it.
    06 Cobalt SS SC
    2.7 pulley
    42.5lb Injectors
    HPT VCM Suite tuned
    Custom SRI
    Tuned
    13.701 @ 103 Mph
    Best 1/4 mile Stock
    14.295 @ 102 Mph

02 TURBO Cavy 2200
    Finished
    Times coming soon

Potential Tuner
    bump, Support us...IM turbo 2.2 with a canned tune from SCT, if they release before you, you will lose a GOOD chunk of people waiting.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by mkulrey13
    bump, Support us...IM turbo 2.2 with a canned tune from SCT, if they release before you, you will lose a GOOD chunk of people waiting.
    Doesn't appear as if we'll be able to support the e16 anytime soon, simply too much on our plate right now to tie up developement for a couple of months working on these.

-Bill
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"