Thread: Open ECU & ECMLink tuner here to learn hp tuners

Tuner in Training

Open ECU & ECMLink tuner here to learn hp tuners

I'm waiting for my pro setup to arrive and so I'm trying to learn as much as I can. My Cobalt LNF was popping up top so I wanted to see what's going on there. And Friday found out my intercooler end tank cracked. So I ordered a new one and 3 bar sensors & pigtails while I was at it. been reading I Am Broke's and cssob's threads and watching videos. Hoping to get it all on and get the car up and running with a base tune this weekend. I've tuned a couple DSM cars using the flashable ECU that's very similar to the EVOs. I'm actually revising the tune on my 99gsx while I'm temporarily dd'ing it because it's developed some knock. I've also used ECMLink V2 to see what it's all about. So, that's where I'm at.

Flash

Senior Tuner
    Many things are made much easier with HP Tuners because it is a more full featured software. I use EvoScan and ECUFlash also and the ability to do so many things with data you are logging in the scanner is very nice.

An example is setting up a graph in the scanner to match a particular table in your tune and display an AFR Error. It makes dialing things in very easy because you can pretty much just copy and past the error into your tune if you set everything up right. Research and play with the graphs feature of the scanner and you'll see what I mean.

If logging in Evoscan using a 3D Speed Density ROM I use a spreadsheet to give me AFR error. I copy my fuel map and copy my logged data and have a calculation performed on the two so I can see the error percentage.
    In VCM Scanner when tuning VE tables I just setup the graph in the scanner to match the table in the tune and tell it I want AFR error and it shows the error. It's easy to grab only parts of the log to look at and to apply filters for things like TPS>20 also.