Thread: Best way to share/send a log?

Best way to share/send a log?

Is there an easy way to export my log file to a video or something so I can share it with others?

I'm only using VCM scanner and would like to show my log to the tuner.

If nothing is built in or commonly used I was thinking just use a screen capture tool like FRAPS or something and putting it on youtube.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Everyone here just post the log and anyone can open it and see it through their VCM scanner.

You can do the exact same if you wish or just email it to your tuner and they can view it if they have HPT.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Right, but to share with someone that doesnt have VCM Scanner?

It's free to download, anyone can download it and look at logs
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Looked like I had to buy it when I clicked over there. If anyone can download it then I guess that might work.

vcm.png

Just click on "try before you buy" on the homepage. That downloads the software. It's the full version, you just can't do much beside look at logs without an interface. But it'll open logs no problem.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

As Schpenxel ^^^ said... Easiest method... However, If your particular recipient does not wish to download the VCM Scanner software... Which, as stated above, is free... You could open up the scanner window, play the log in full screen view and use screen capture software to create a video file. However, the only thing the screen will show as a constant is the chart vs time, and what ever graph happens to be up. Maf Err, VE AFR/EQ Err, Knock Retard...Etc... Your tuner won't get the full scope of what is going on since he won't be able to change the viewed graphs logged between different parameters, unless you send him multiple copies of the same log choosing a different graph to show in each new video... Make sense?.. Better off just downloading the software and making it easy...
    Sometimes I stick an ice cream cone to my forehead and pretend I'm a Unicorn...!

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Just click on "try before you buy" on the homepage. That downloads the software. It's the full version, you just can't do much beside look at logs without an interface. But it'll open logs no problem.
    Ahh interesting. Thanks for the tip!

Is anyone using any other methods to share them they'd like to chime in with? I think i'll still probably wind up turning it into a video to share.

Quote Originally Posted by Jggregory99 View Post
    As Schpenxel ^^^ said... Easiest method... However, If your particular recipient does not wish to download the VCM Scanner software... Which, as stated above, is free... You could open up the scanner window, play the log in full screen view and use screen capture software to create a video file. However, the only thing the screen will show as a constant is the chart vs time, and what ever graph happens to be up. Maf Err, VE AFR/EQ Err, Knock Retard...Etc... Your tuner won't get the full scope of what is going on since he won't be able to change the viewed graphs logged between different parameters, unless you send him multiple copies of the same log choosing a different graph to show in each new video... Make sense?.. Better off just downloading the software and making it easy...
    Agreed, but just seeing the displayed info I have selected should adequately illustrate my needed changes though. Diesel simplicity

You can also export the file as a comma separated value file....Go to Log File and hit export, pick full view and CSV options. Attached is an example

If sending the .hpl version then include your Chart.xml, Graph.xml and and Math Parameters you are using.

Ed M
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mowton; 11-06-2016 at 10:45 PM.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    You can also export the file as a comma separated value file....Go to Log File and hit export, pick full view and CSV options. Attached is an example

Ed M
    Also a good point, thanks! I did see that option, but wasnt sure how useful it might be to my tuner. I'll keep it in mind.