Thread: Bad Idle, low vacuum and very bad RPM hang

Advanced Tuner

Bad Idle, low vacuum and very bad RPM hang

I did not build this car so I dont know much. The cam is unknown with phase limiters,CAI and LTs. Never had this one before. I am saying vacuum leak but it idles very bad and when you give it throttle it takes off and sometimes runs away. Anyone ever seen something similar. I have included stock tune and current tune with small log. Very little timing at idle could explain bad idle but I am not concerned with that as the throttle hang could be the same issue.102916_R4.hpt102916.hplstock or previous.hpt

Tuner in Training
    To start I'd recommend going to engine>airflow>electronic throttle>desired throttle>large and small range voltage breakpoints and put them back to stock.
    2nd engine>airflow>variable cam>general and re-enable 1 phaser system, exh cam 1 phaser, I term reset, OCV clean
    3rd engine>general>displacement should be 5.7 There's quite a few other things to change as well so maybe somebody else will help out

Advanced Tuner
    I have had 1 and 2 back to stock with no effects to be noted and 3 is just to disable traction control for dyno use.

Tuner in Training
    There's a few more issues I saw but didn't have time to list. It's quite time consuming to comb through so many tables lol That explains 3 but 1 and 2 need to stay stock. I can't see any reason to ever move the voltage breakpoints. Dodge can be really finicky about those types of changes. To disable VVT you need to go into VVT tables and put all intake numbers to the lowest number and exhaust to highest number found in that table. Part throttle low and high baro and wot. Then go to engine diag and turn off P000A, P000B. You'll have to log cam vs crank position to see if a cam phaser lock or limiter was installed.

eng diag>pressure>baro low voltage try changing to 1.75 I'm trying to compare to a stock 2013 RT tune but some of the parameters in my compare file do not look stock so better check the repository.
    Last edited by GFB Performance; 11-02-2016 at 10:16 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    So do you mean the maximum allowed in the table or the maximum value currently in the table.

Tuner in Training
    lowest number currently in intake table and highest number currently in exhaust