Thread: what happened it went south

Tuner in Training

what happened it went south

I really don't know what happened but my tune went south
    The cells in the stft are reading zero and it also in OL-fault
    help suggestions :doh2002 5.7 A4 Camaro Issa Abdallah 383 Basetune 01b4hwyrun0822.hptol-fault.hpl2002 5.7 A4 Camaro Issa Abdallah 383 Basetune 01b4hwyrun0822.hptol-fault.hpl

For speed density tuning you need to have the MAF dtc's on first error, having them on NO MIL LIGHT isn't correct. It needs to fail right away to revert to speed density.

Just at idle you are commanding 13.0 AFR while it should be at stoich which is 14.63 in your tune. I'd make the open loop commanded EQ ratio 1.00 in the 176-230 coolant temps to make sure it's commanding your stoich value.

That things sure is asking for a lot of fuel at WOT too, you have it set at 10.2 AFR which is way rich.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    thanks
    your advice don't change anything
    new 02 sensors and still in OL fault mode, when I force cl mode its starts reading the cells but way off like trying to add 42% fuel

Advanced Tuner
    Ok, lets start fresh.

What is the motor setup? Judging by the file name, I would guess some sort of 383. What are the specs? You're idling at 75ish kpa, so I am guessing a rather large cam.

Is it boosted? Your tune looks like it is set up for 80+lb injectors. What injectors exactly do you have? What data did you use for them in the tune?

Do you have any DTC's? Other than the MAF codes, what could be causing a fault that is keeping you from entering Closed Loop?

There are some things that look off in the tune, like your VE table, and your PE settings just at a quick glance. That, along with possibly wrong/bad injector data, is what is probably causing your 42% fuel when you force closed loop.

Once that is sorted, you are going to have to do some tuning on this thing.

Tuner in Training
    ok
    its a 383 ls1 11.5 cr cam is a 234/246 heads are cnc ls6 intake deka 80lb injectors. no DTC codes. no its not boosted. the injector data was put in by the person whom I got the mail order tune from. yes my tune is way off. I kept getting different reading from my lc-2 wideband so I changed the wideband sensor. right after that I noticed that the o2 sensor more specifically bank 2 was not reading, so I went ahead and replaced both so2 sensors.
    what gets me is when I do a scan and activate RTT and force it into CL it reads both banks 1&2 normally. thanks for your help

Tuner in Training
    New o2 sensors new wb sensor and am still in ol fault. Checked all wire harness for burnt or damaged wires and all checked out good. So where else do I check?

Advanced Tuner
    Like doc said a couple months ago you need to start fresh, post the current tune and a new log. And triple check your wiring we all know checking, chasing wires really sucks. But sometimes it pays off. what codes are current when its stuck in ol-fault.

Tuner in Training
    Ok thanks. I did chase the wires all the way thru
    Did a scan got these DTC p0103-p0106-p0200

Tuner in Training
    ok Oleblu and Doc350
    finally got it
    a vacuum hose behind the intake on the MAP sensor came off plus injector 8 was disconnected
    Thanks for your time guys

Advanced Tuner
    Well there ya go man glad to hear it