Thread: LNF drive by cable?

Potential Tuner

LNF drive by cable?

Ive tried searching around a little bit being new here and all. But a friend of mine is looking to put a lnf in his bmw 318ti that currently has a 2.3t ford in it. Picked up this from a 09 solstice if it matters. I seen some people taking the older versions and putting cobalt dbc throttle bodies on there. But what about the tuning aspect?

Senior Tuner
    keep the dbw, add the solstice pedal, hope for the best.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Potential Tuner
    No real options or sake or less hassle?

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    no you cannot remove the dbw throttle body as the computer control uses it to control the requested airflow.
    i suggest you research tuning the ecu for this motor because it doesnt work like the rest of them. you basically request an airflow and torque output and the computer controls the output devices (DBW, Injectors, Coils, WG) to achieve the target.
    there is no way to shut the DBW function off and tell the ecu it has a wire setup.

do as area47 has recommended...steal the control components from the same year vehicle the computer came from and then contact trifecta to get the ecu flashed so it can operate as a standalone unit.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Potential Tuner
    I understand how they work. They work similar to the way vw and audi to used calculated load for wastegate duty cycles and the like. Was just curious if there was a way to do it that i didnt see. Figured it woudnt be doable. But worth a ask.

Senior Tuner
    or you can do an lsj with a standalone option.

i see it all most in a daily basis at the shop of tac model, and pedal issues from swaps in vehicles. the older ecu's allow you to go backwards from dbw to dbc setups {0411 style ecm}, but anything above this is a no go.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Potential Tuner
    Alrighty. Thats where i was seeing cable conversions. Tha k you both for clarifying.