Thread: HOw to Unsynchronize Attempted Sync?

Tuner in Training

HOw to Unsynchronize Attempted Sync?

After attempting to sync flights unsuccessfully, I occasionally find the sync muddled. How can I unsync failed synces? As a new user, I usually start the video after takeoff, making the sync difficult. If using one of the events in the side by side sync tool, do both screens need to be at proper place in the event? Having trouble with this part of program. If using the sync tool I cant undo incorrect syncs.
    Thanks

When you're using the side-by-side sync tool on a data input, the Data Sync Wizard section will appear at the bottom left. You would choose an event from that list (aircraft takeoff, movement from a stop, etc), then move the Reference Input on the right to the point where it shows that event, and finally click the "Sync" button to make your data input synchronize to it.

However, for aviation use that has your video starting after takeoff, and other cases where your data events occurred before the video started rolling, this may not be of much help and could produce the wrong results. In that case, you'd need to use the slider controls in either the side-by-side sync tool or the main pop-up sync tool, to manually align your timing.

When you had first attempted to use the data sync wizard to sync it by event, you should find that your data file now has a starting time set and/or an offset time... If you zero both of those out, it will return it to the default so that the start of the data file begins playing at the start of your project.