Thread: MPVI update problem, cant use hp tuners PLEASE HELP !!!!!!

Tuner in Training

MPVI update problem, cant use hp tuners PLEASE HELP !!!!!!

I just bought a 6021 hp tuners pro and done everything it says to do. Got the software loaded everything works fine as far as on the computer. Connected my obd2 cable and everything on the car and to the computer. Hit Read and the interface now wants to update the firmware on it. It stops part way through with the part that says trying-1, trying-2 ect ect. then gets a fail message. Try unplugging it reconnected it same message. Restarted my computer with nothing connected and plugged the USB back in hit read again and it went further and said erasing or something like that. It failed update again and then says invalid application key even though when it pulls up its obviously the same one I was givin on the piece of paper along with the serial number. Now everytime i plug it in and hit read it says invalid application key. What am I doing wrong or what do I need to do. I'm more than frustrated at this point as I would love to get started on my car. The .net framework is also up to date. I'm confused as what to do at this point. Also the interface has the error light and the power light. Like its stuck between erasing and updating. My computer is vista, and 3 gig ram ect. Dont think its my laptop, but yet i have no idea. Just want this problem solved ASAP. I have a newly built turbo car I cant do anything with, at this point I have an expensive interface and a awsome tool I cant do anything with. PLEASE HELP ANYONE!!!!!! Thanks in advance for any advice.

Tuner in Training
    Also have the latest software 3.2.140 of vcm suite

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    email support at hptuners.com please.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    How can i update my mvpi i have a standard an wanna upgrade to a pro what are the procedures

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Tuner in Training
    How long does it usually take support. I know I'm not the only customer, just impatient at this point. I think it's a hardware issue and probably gonna need a new interface.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    less than 24 hrs during the week, if you don't hear back today post your ticket number and I'll be happy to take a look.

Tuner in Training
    56270. I've talked to a guy and gave him the info he asked for. Just kinda slow getting back to me. I'd like to try to get this resolved this week if possible so I can get my car tuned. I bought everything from Brian tooley racing but they insisted I talk to you guys which would be great if I could speak to someone on the phone. Let me know what you can do. Thanks again.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    looks like he is having you send in the interface and you've already shipped it...