Thread: Another Transient Fueling Question

Tuner

Another Transient Fueling Question

Does anyone know what the "furl from wall stabilization" data field does in tunes? I have looked at the help file (nothing), searched this forum (most questions about this one are followed by something like "WTF"), and done a general internet search. None offer any even solid guesses about this one. The reason I ask is that I am going from an NA E67 tune in my 07 CTS V to an FI tune. Many of the data fields found in the 2011 ZL1 tune have been helpful in trying to figure out where to go with data inputs. On the 07 fuel from wall stabilization is the max value 2.0 for the 11 ZL1 the value is 1.0. If that is a scalar for the evap portion of fueling it would obviously be a huge difference however I am not sure why you would want a scalar for all of the evap values. You don't see a similar scalar on the impact side (at least I don't). So, does anyone have any educated guesses or better? Thanks in advance.

Tuning Addict
    I was told that this table is what designates the spray pattern of the injector - for example a ZL1's injectors spray at an angle right on the backside of the intake valve = very little sprayed onto the port walls themselves and why the LSA engines use a smaller value of "1" whereas the majority of the other injectors out there spray straight out in an umbrella shaped pattern that has the probability of sticking more to the port walls...

Now with that being said I can only speculate that this parameter equally effects both impact and evap tables as some sort of a multiplier?
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Senior Tuner
    i have only made small changes to that number but havnt fully tested it to see what it does, all i have noticed is that a smaller number seemed to have slight more delay in fuel during a decent throttle change, but now that i have all my fueling closer ill prob have another go so i can see better what any changes are my stock setting is 2

Tuner
    Thanks guys for the info. Still playing around and trying to figure out transient fuel.