Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tuning 15 coyote gt350 manifold, throttle body, cai

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by caniggia View Post
    It was whole set from GT350.
    Nice!
    I have the same, GT 350 IM, 350 TB and 350 CAI with a GT 500 high flow filter. At WOT the car is insane, snappy bitch and pulls on the butt dyno harder from 2200rpm right upto 8000.

My problem is light throttle inputs in normal and sport mode particular at lower rpms the throttle feels a touch jumpy / over sensitive and not as silky smooth as it was on the stock air box. I had this same issue with just a CAI on the stock IM and TB, so its definitely caused by a CAI with bigger maf tube area, I guess it is due to throttle resolution loss. Wet and race modes are an improvement but still not perfect.

How is your throttle, silky smooth?

Throttle is smooth, but i run this first with stock TB and adapter and it was smooth, then i installed GT350 TB and it was not smooth, so i adjusted predicted throttle and now it is.
    Eastern and Central Europe American Muscle and Harley-Davidson tuning
    www.hd-customs.pl
    http://www.facebook.com/hdcustomspl

Potential Tuner
    Throttle is smooth, but i run this first with stock TB and adapter and it was smooth, then i installed GT350 TB and it was not smooth, so i adjusted predicted throttle and now it is.
    Hope Lund can get it smooth for me, thankfully I have no surging.

Tuner
    Can any one add some screen shots from a stock GT file and the modified changes to accept gt350 intake and TB please so there is a clear understanding on what needs to be changed. Thanks!

You need to copy all data from gt350 and then adjust predicted throttle table to not have wheel torque errors.
    www.hd-customs.pl

Tuner
    You need to copy all data from gt350 and then adjust predicted throttle table to not have wheel torque errors.
    Thanks for your reply!!

When I use GT350 intake with stock TB the car runs great, but when I use GT350 TB coping all TB settings from Airflow/Electronic throttle and IMRC it does not run well at WOT, so where else do I copy values from?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by R8Bill View Post
    Thanks for your reply!!

When I use GT350 intake with stock TB the car runs great, but when I use GT350 TB coping all TB settings from Airflow/Electronic throttle and IMRC it does not run well at WOT, so where else do I copy values from?
    I had the same problem, I eventually disabled the shuffle switch and it then started to run the timing I was after.

Tuner
    shuffle switch?

Tuner
    shuffle switch?
    Airflow > Electronic Throttle > Shuffle Switch.

Mine wouldn't run right until I disabled it, still don't know why, just would run the timing I wanted

Tuner
    I am using my stock S550 GT tune file which doesn't have this switch option available. I see it available when I open the GT350 tune file so how do I get this option on my GT?

I am using my stock S550 GT tune file which doesn't have this switch option available. I see it available when I open the GT350 tune file so how do I get this option on my GT?
    The auto cars do not use the shuffle logic
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    Thanks Eric! Back to the drawing board I guess. Just don't understand how my stock TB works fine on this GT350 intake using stock GT IMCR values, but then the GT350 TB doesn't work well at WOT using the GT350 TB settings with either stock GT or GT350 IMCR values. It appears to work fine in park when revving and I can see my weight maps going into the high end when at higher RPM's, up to map 24, but when I drive the car and go WOT the load is low (60-80%) and torque values are low too and it does not go higher than weight map 9, very strange. I know the GT350 TB is bigger but would it have this much of an effect??, so I keep going back to the Airflow/Electronic Throttle tab and the only thing I can think of that would be throwing things off would be the Predicted Throttle Angle & Effective Area data not being right but this still doesn't make sense as I have tried a mixture of settings from both GT and GT350 values. So the only other thing I can think of is if all the Speed Density data needs to be transferred over when using a GT350 TB. Is this the case?

Here is a pic showing my tune when compared to the GT350 one, you can see all is copied over. again, I have tried a combo of both stock GT and GT350 settings on a few of these tabs too, still no luck.

Pic-1.jpgPic-2.jpg

Tuner
    One more thing. I also installed long tube headers (no cats). Per the coyote cookbook I disabled the rear 02 sensors and turned off the rear 02 heaters, plus increased the transit time for both Transport Delay and Transport time Constant by x 1.5. For DTC's I set the ones listed in the cookbook to "no error reported" as I did not see a disable which was specified in the book. Is there anything else that needs to be disabled or turned off?
    Last edited by R8Bill; 12-22-2016 at 10:39 AM.

Use stock gt imrc as gt350 are for different engine.
    If your car is not going right wot, you have something definitely wrong. Problem with gt350 tb with it original data may be part throttle not driving fluent. I forgot to mention, that there needs to be adjusted engine torque and inverse tables together with predicted throttle.
    Post tune and log, so maybe then we can find out your problem.
    www.hd-customs.pl

Tuner
    Put your CLIP/ADD back to stock, s/be 369 I think. I also had issues when I messed with that number

Update of throttle body tuning here:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...569#post468569

Effective area as always been said, it's saint table that needs to be delivered from manufactured or copied from another stock tune, is just not working copied from GT350 tune.
    www.hd-customs.pl

Update of throttle body tuning here:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...569#post468569

Effective area as always been said, it's saint table that needs to be delivered from manufactured or copied from another stock tune, is just not working copied from GT350 tune.
    After putting catback, i could really fine tune that, now looks this combo has real gain.. And it's probably first gt350 throttle body driving like stock, so surge, perfect drivability.

02. stock vs manifold, tb, corsa.jpg
    www.hd-customs.pl

Tuner

Surging

The reason my engine would not run well WOT was because the stock GT350 file posted in this forum had the IMRC closed in OP mode, not sure if this was altered or not and didn't seem right, so when I opened this the car runs fine at WOT now.

IMRC.jpg

The issue I have now is surging at middle throttle which I cant seem to get rid of. Lots of people say to tune out surging by torque table adjustments but I have had no luck and I tried using and changing both Stock GT and GT350 torque & torque inverse tables as specified in the below links by using throttle angle error percentage to adjust torque values and no luck. I tried shutting down many maps so I can log one map (22) and see if surging will change based on adjustments on this torque table but still have surging. I tried using Stock GT and GT350 IMRC values and a mixture of both and nothing helps. In this thread there is the suggestion to modify throttle body effective area, so how is this done? What is the best method so I can get this engine to run right? Do I use stock GT torque tables and use GT350 TB info but now try to use GT350 speed density for MAF too? I wish someone could post a tune that works using this TB, intake and CIA so we can all reference and learn from, that would be a big help.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...t=surging+ford

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...-angle-(SURGE)

Surging.hpl

Correct, effective area needs to be adjusted, then you will get rid of part throttle problem.
    www.hd-customs.pl

Tuner
    Correct, effective area needs to be adjusted, then you will get rid of part throttle problem.
    Can you share the values used in your table to eliminate surging?