Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tuning 15 coyote gt350 manifold, throttle body, cai

Please do as I described in throttle tuning topic and you easy find out
    Eastern and Central Europe American Muscle and Harley-Davidson tuning
    www.hd-customs.pl
    http://www.facebook.com/hdcustomspl

Senior Tuner
    So I have compared the stock GT TB to the GT350 TB and figured I would share what I see. It may help with tuning out the surging after copying the model from the GT350.

GT TB vs GT350 TB.jpg

I see the GT 350 relies on using the TB model much more than the DD table. The GT is the opposite relying on the DD table rather than the TB model. In the above pic you can see this by looking at the POS start and end values and where they fall in the DD tables. You can also look at the highest percentage row values and see the GT has what appears to be real numbers and the GT350 has its peak value. The part throttle areas show a similar pattern as the GT350 toque values are only differing by less than 10 and the GT ranges 20-30ftlbs. Comparing the TB models you can see the GT has steady peak numbers for the last two rows as the GT350 uses varying numbers right up until its final WOT column. The part throttle areas also show a similar pattern to their DD tables where the GT is steady numbers and the GT350 numbers vary greatly.

The way I see it you can tune the GT350 TB two ways, stick with the GT stock TB model and work over the DD table to get rid of surging in part throttle areas and raise the WOT column until you see desired airflow above actual. The other way would to be to use the GT350 model and set your WOT start and end so that it ignores the DD table at WOT. You would then need to linearize the last row of the DD table at your peak torque value and smooth out the middle of the DD table in the part throttle areas so that the TB model provides the changes in demanded torque. Doing either of these should allow for the IMRC values to remain stock which should work better than values for a flat plane crank engine.

DD tables makes no difference on surging, throttle itself needs to be tuned, but good find.
    www.hd-customs.pl

Senior Tuner
    Part throttle areas would need to be lowered if the GT350 data is used. This would result in a snappy feeling pedal that people describe the GT350 TB having.

It's because predicted limits throttle. Need to look at expected torque vs delivered and compare it with throttle angle and predicted throttle, usually he wants more torque and gets less then. I have them done without this effect and driving perfect. Btw, different predicted for manual and for auto
    www.hd-customs.pl

Senior Tuner
    Yes the autos DD tables and WOT start and end are setup more like the GT350 DD tables so it plays better with the GT350 TB model. much Less change to predicted/ effective needed. Manuals could probably use the auto DD table values. interesting idea.
    auto vd manual DD.PNG
    Last edited by murfie; 04-29-2017 at 05:50 AM.

Potential Tuner
    hey guys does anyone happen to have a tune file to show everything that is needing adjustment for the gt350 intake manifold and tb by chance?

Potential Tuner
    Caniggia- what?s going on. I have been reading almost everything you post. I will be tuning a 2016 gt next week. He?s doing the gt350 intake and TB with the CAI. If you have any info to assist that would be great. I have been tuning LS cars but this will be the first mustang.