Thread: Jeep 5.3 Swap Help

Jeep 5.3 Swap Help

97 Wrangler with a crate 5.3 24x, AX15 5 speed, PSI Harness, starts and idles okay but as soon as the throttle is applied it begins to rev then dies off. In the scanner it does not show TPS change, O2's not switching (brand new O2 sensors). I have gone through everything a dozen times and have not had this issue on any other swaps that I have done. Any advise or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

2006 Escalade LMM Duramax Tuned
    2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L
    56 GMC 100 Status Unknown

I'd be checking the wiring, looks like the o2 sensors are not getting power to them.

I see a large difference in the primary VE to the secondary VE table too, they should be pretty much the same though the secondary table has less resolution.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Under transmission>torque management it looks to me like it could keep you from revving the engine. I don't have a lot of practice yet tuning manual trans cars. Maybe this is normal.

Maybe the accelerator pedal position is not set up correctly in the scanner for your vehicle. If the computer did not see you apply the pedal...the rpm would not have gone up. You do get a reaction from oxygen sensor B1S1 when you raise the rpm. In open loop it is possible that the bank is that lean... Do you have the whole exhaust system hooked up? If the sensor is too close to the end of an open pipe it will read very lean.

These are the O2 sensors that I used (not positive they are correct) ACDelco AFS123 GM Original Equipment Heated Oxygen Sensor. It does have full exhaust, and cable throttle. Thanks for replies. I will check the wiring again today.

OK. Well the scanner is set up to read the accelerator pedal sensor so this might be the reason it is not showing throttle movement. It would be interesting to see how the Oxygen sensors read once it goes into closed loop. What computer are you using? 411?

You guys are awesome!!!! All of 10 mins and she seems to be good. Will be test driving this weekend!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

2006 Escalade LMM Duramax Tuned
    2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L
    56 GMC 100 Status Unknown

It's good that it runs but that log still shows o2 sensor issues. They still die out and bank 2 pretty much does nothing.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I did see that they weren't really switching, but it literally had just started and only ran for the amount of time it recorded that log. I will look again this weekend when I get some more time and the interior back in it. Thank you again for the changes that have helped.