Thread: Newb questions on my 383 w/ gen 3 ecm.

Newb questions on my 383 w/ gen 3 ecm.

So I built a forged gen 1 sbc 383 w/ gen 3 ecu.
    Its a fully built motor scat forged crank wiseco pistons, dart aluminum heads , Accel Pro Ram intake w/ 4 barrel throttle body , 280xfi cam , gt45 turbo , ls7 card style maf , SD 80lbs injectors and efi connections 24x reluctor.
    The donor ecm came from a lq4 6.0 van.
    Aside from turning vats off should the ecm at least start the engine? I would think so , run very ruff but run no.

It likely won't start unless you change all the information for whatever MAP sensor you are using, the new MAF curve for the larger LS7 maf and the fuel injector information.

And with that setup you'd be better off ditching the MAF with a gen 3 computer and running straight speed density. Most of the time you'll just max the MAF sensor limit and you'd need to run a 2 or 3 bar OS for running boost so you can log and tune for boost correctly.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I know it's the thing to do when drag racing. This for a truck that will be over landing all across the usa even into Alaska. So I'm going to stick with the maf setup but thank you for the suggestion.
    Do you know a link of something i can read or watch that will show me how to input the proper Info for my map and Injectors.

It's not that it's for a drag racing thing but it's for just tuning purposes, you want to have a 2 or 3 bar map sensor for tuning boost and you want to be accurate. It's much easier to tune boost in speed density on a gen 3 computer. Using the MAF in eyes just gets in the way and it's not the best option. If tuned right it would act/drive and function like any other vehicle that used a MAF sensor. You can still use closed loop function and all that jazz.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I was looking at my map sensor values they are correct as is @ 14.7 engine off.
    I think I may have not hooked my injectors or coil packs up properly. I tried getting it to run by unplugging the relay to the fuel pump and spraying gas directly in the motor with not even a hicup. My noid light says Im getting spark .I have to go back over my wiring.
    I was told the motor would fire up but run like poo . At this point im gas washing my cylinders on a new motor.
    I have to get the correct data into the ecm for the injectors , maf and iat still
    Last edited by Mrich0908; 10-19-2016 at 01:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrich0908 View Post
    I have to get the correct data into the ecm for the injectors , maf and iat still
    Does any one have the calibration data for the ls7 card style maf. PN ACDelco 213-4222 . How do I enter the data I have from my injectors into the tune?
    Im not asking for a hand out point me where to read I would rather know what im doing then have some one do it for me . Ive attached my file. Yes my trucks name is F8train
    Attached Files Attached Files