Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 14 gt,boss intake, jlt good starting point ?

Tuner in Training

14 gt,boss intake, jlt good starting point ?

New to the ford side of hp and playing with a 14 that he just did a boss intake, jlt intake and cat back. Any good starting points or tips ?

Quote Originally Posted by k8busa View Post
    New to the ford side of hp and playing with a 14 that he just did a boss intake, jlt intake and cat back. Any good starting points or tips ?
    under transient tab set manifold volume to 11.74
    add about 60% the the maf period should get you a good startup

Tuner in Training
    How about torque management ?

that will be dependant upon the vehicle, everyone of them is unique but the factory ones aren't very far off

Senior Tuner
    I copy the Boss torque calculation tables from the tune in the repository when tuning a Boss manifold car but it probably isn't necessary.

Do most people stay with the stock GT calibration and just make changes where needed if you see torque error?

Quote Originally Posted by ridenrunwv View Post
    I copy the Boss torque calculation tables from the tune in the repository when tuning a Boss manifold car but it probably isn't necessary.

Do most people stay with the stock GT calibration and just make changes where needed if you see torque error?
    that's one way of doing it

I belive there is no original Boss white or red tune in rep as this is not readable till now from what i know.
    It may be stock boss tune till ford racing codes were not applied. But may be that's good point for start.
    Eastern and Central Europe American Muscle and Harley-Davidson tuning
    www.hd-customs.pl
    http://www.facebook.com/hdcustomspl

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by caniggia View Post
    I belive there is no original Boss white or red tune in rep as this is not readable till now from what i know.
    It may be stock boss tune till ford racing codes were not applied. But may be that's good point for start.
    I'll upload a non-red key read later today.

Senior Tuner
    Hmm. There's a tune in the repository described as being a 2013 Boss silver key stock tune. If you've got one that's definitely a stock Boss tune I would love to see if to see if it's the same as the one I've been using things from. Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Hmm. There's a tune in the repository described as being a 2013 Boss silver key stock tune. If you've got one that's definitely a stock Boss tune I would love to see if to see if it's the same as the one I've been using things from. Thanks
    I just uploaded a 2012 stock Boss silver key tune.

Senior Tuner
    Awesome. I'll check it out. Might just use this strategy for 11-12 cars in the future. I already use the Boss spark tables on cars even with stock intake.

Think there would be any hidden benefit to that strategy also or would it all likely work out the same in the end if they tune is the same?

I believe white key also can't be read.
    www.hd-customs.pl

Advanced Tuner
    Awesome. I'll check it out. Might just use this strategy for 11-12 cars in the future. I already use the Boss spark tables on cars even with stock intake.

Think there would be any hidden benefit to that strategy also or would it all likely work out the same in the end if they tune is the same?
    There are things in the 13-14 strategies that are different than the 11-12 strategies. I would probably stick to the year range for each. Remember also, the Boss has different exhaust cams vs. the GT among other things.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by wbt View Post
    I just uploaded a 2012 stock Boss silver key tune.
    I do not think the repository works very well because people always seem to upload tunes that don't show up for download. It's still not there so could you please just post it here when you get a chance so at least those of us following this thread can see it.

Tuner in Training
    I do not think the repository works very well because people always seem to upload tunes that don't show up for download. It's still not there so could you please just post it here when you get a chance so at least those of us following this thread can see it.
    He may be referring to this tune, this was from another thread from last year

silver key stock.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Thanks. Haven't gotten a chance to compare this to the file that's supposed to be a Boss read I've been using but am very curious now.

That's stock boss file with tune from Ford, no white key or red key, so no ford racing code was applied.
    www.hd-customs.pl

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by caniggia View Post
    That's stock boss file with tune from Ford, no white key or red key, so no ford racing code was applied.
    Correct.

Tuner in Training
    Got the car done and turned out awesome ! With the boss intake, jlt cai, and just borla mufflers final numbers were 413,418,414whp last 3 pulls in a row. Makes power all the way to 7900, driveabilty is perfect !