Thread: 06 Truck doing weird stuff in CL

06 Truck doing weird stuff in CL

So I have this 2006 truck that when cruising down the highway it will come out of closed loop and revert to 16.0 commanded AF as well as sometimes 13.6 AF. When I was in SD it did not do it. If I floor it it will go to commanded 12.8 then back to CL for a second (trims working) then right back to 16.0 (or 13.6)
    If I come to a stop it comes out of it and goes back to normal CL operation. What am I missing?

Shows in the log around 3:30 I believe

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuning Addict
    Sounds like a catalyst test... Try disabling the test and driving to see if it still does it...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Sadly there is no cat test to disable on those computers, been in this same boat already with a 2006 computer.

If you are not running cat converters, you need to re-install the rear o2 sensors and along with disabling the code. That was the only way to stop the cat test from happening. I just zip tied the sensors to the frame and all was good.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuning Addict
    Your right - I didn't look at the tune I go here when I have a vehicle that I can't modify the tune on if it's had the cats removed - http://bigdaddiesgarage.com/

They work good and keep the cel off... Of course without killing the codes it would still run the cat test...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Sadly there is no cat test to disable on those computers, been in this same boat already with a 2006 computer.

If you are not running cat converters, you need to re-install the rear o2 sensors and along with disabling the code. That was the only way to stop the cat test from happening. I just zip tied the sensors to the frame and all was good.
    So just plug the sensors in and leave the codes turned off?

Yes, plug them in and tie them up somewhere and set the codes to 3 no error reported and the cat test will stop happening.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Yes, plug them in and tie them up somewhere and set the codes to 3 no error reported and the cat test will stop happening.
    Worked great!!! Thank you SOOOOOO much!!