Thread: Tuning IAC Effective Area with a NW 102 and a 1/8" TB Hole

Tuning IAC Effective Area with a NW 102 and a 1/8" TB Hole

Hey all, I've been reading about this, but I'm not totally clear on how to tune this.

My hot counts are around 80 right now, so it seems like it's driving and idling okay, but I want to make sure this lookup table is correct for cracker and follower and other items that are based off it so I can dial those in without chasing my tail.

I have a NW102 that I had drilled previously with a 1/8" hole to allow for more bypass air. With my old cam, I was around .69-.71V for it to idle at 70-80 IAC counts. So I wanted a little more headroom and drilled the small hole to bring it down to .63V or so. But the issue is I've gone to a smaller cam and had to bring it down to .55-57v which is right about where the NW stops with the IAC. I have my STITs at about .5g/sec off at all temps, so my base airflow is very close. And as I said, it idles around 80 counts. I moved the stock Desired IAC Steps vs Desired Idle Effective Area table to the right 6 places to account for the difference in the NW vs stock IAC passage. But the hole changes things... back to the left 5-6 places? Correct? Or do I go another 5 places to the right? I'm having a hard time visualizing how the bypass air in the TB is affecting the IAC passage airflow in the table.

If back to the left, does that mean the stock values would be okay here or very close? If that's the case, my IAC counts would jump up to 110-120 range which might throw everything off give that the lookup table would open up the steps to keep me around 30mm^2 for airflow. But that would give me a closer number for the TC and TF values which I want to optimize to get the car driving nearly like stock. I moved from a cam with 17 degrees of overlap to 6 degrees and it drives much better. But I want to tune the final 5% of it to make it really shine.

Any guidance here?
    Last edited by JakeFusion; 10-16-2016 at 11:35 PM.