Thread: Unlicensed Vehicle with new ecm

Potential Tuner

Unlicensed Vehicle with new ecm

I'm trying to write my tune to a new ecm I got from PCI Conversion (they think the original they sold me is bad) and I keep getting "unlicensed vehicle" when I try to write it. The window to license a new vehicle does not pop up. In the troubleshooting section is says that "unlicensed vehicle" means that the vehicle is not supported. Its a e38 ecm, how can it not be supported? Am I missing something here?

I am not a GM guy, but the E38 is supported. Since you have gone a week without any help from the Forum, I suggest you sent an email to support​.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

You have to read out the file from the new ECM first, then it will prompt you to license it.
    You will likely have to re-license it, the VCM ID will be different with the new ECM even with the same VIN. With the new software, the VCM ID and VIN have to match the license unless you have unlimited vehicle groups.
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.