Thread: 2Bar OS with a stock LS3 MAP

2Bar OS with a stock LS3 MAP

Can this be done?

I'm at my wits end trying to get my 68 Camaro rolling. It has a cammed LS3 in it and I cant get it running good enough to even make it down my street without stalling and going into some type of limp mode from code PO300.

It seems like every time I start the car it acts different. No matter what I try todo with the VE tables it seems to want to run rich as hell. I'm wondering if it's a losing battle since I found out that the original OS in this ECM was replaced with a 2bar (I bought the ECM used). Is this engine tunable with the 2bar OS? Will the VE tables just not play nice with my stock LS3 MAP?

Should I just disable the PO300 code? Never had to do that before as I always just adjusted sensitivity with a cam. Is the PO300 probably coming from the rich condition?

If it matters I also got code P1381, seeing ti was related to the BCM (which I don;t have) I set that to no error reported.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I just realized there are alot of misfire detection tables I need to edit, I did that now and will try tomorrow to see if that helps. I think a bunch of my trouble is coming from the PO300 code. Once it trips the whole car kind of goes AWOL. Tranny included.

I also figured out I can edit the axis of my VE tables to closer reflect a non boosted car. I think I will do that and try starting with my VE tables from my old Cammed GTO.

Yes you can run 1, 2 or 3 bar MAP's with the 2 bar OS no problem.

They are two totally different things. The MAP sensor is just an input. The 2 bar OS is basically saying the highest boost it can read (can actually go to 2.5 bar despite the name). You'll be limited to whichever one is lower, which, in your case, isn't an issue.

The OS upgrade isn't the issue.

Post a log and tune that was used during that log

The tune you posted still has the MAF enabled. Need to disable that if you hadn't already previously.
    Last edited by schpenxel; 10-13-2016 at 08:25 AM.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock