Thread: 2006 GMC Sierra 5.3 Crew Cab Long Tube Headers/CAI/Flowmaster Super 44 MUFFLER - TURD

2006 GMC Sierra 5.3 Crew Cab Long Tube Headers/CAI/Flowmaster Super 44 MUFFLER - TURD

I have a 2006 GMC Sierra, I have it tuned for Long Tube Headers, Cold Air Intake, 3" Exhaust piping, No Cats, No Rear o2, and Flowmaster Super 44, when I had the 26" rims and it was tuned for them, the truck actually seemed quicker. and now I put my 17" stocks back on it seems sluggish and slower, also, it WILL NOT spin the tires for anything, not even on loose gravel, no power brake or anything. I am embarrassed to even try to go to the drag, I wont be able to even warm up my tires lol. Can anyone guide me on any kinda changes I can do to pick a little power out of this truck, especially take off, and also remove Traction Control completely? Thanks in advance!

2006 GMC Sierra 5.3 9-1-16.hptmod - 17 Rims (no speedo).hpt

The VE table and MAF curve are still completely stock. If you changed the intake and added headers it would help to retune both of those.

It's barely tuned at all to be honest, not saying that is a bad thing but more stuff can be done.

Under TM, set your ETC TPS MAX settings to 100%, to try and prevent TM from kicking in and closing the blade. Then reduce the enable torque under PE to 70-80% instead of 90%.

You can lower the rpm delay in PE to 1,500 rpm, remove the .8 second delay and just set that to 0 seconds. Lower the throttle pedal enable from 90% down to 50-60%.

Grab yourself a wideband and start tuning the VE and MAF, that's should help it out some and you can pick up some horsepower. The wideband is a must too for getting your WOT fueling down. Too rich can take away power, once you get things dialed in you are work on getting your AFR to around 12.5 at WOT.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Thank you 5FDP for the very quick response, and I dont want to sound like a dummy... (which I really am lol), but I looked and cannot find "Lower the throttle pedal enable". Would you be able to guide me to it? I also attached the new updated tune where I did some TM adjustments, but still havent tried it, I will later after I figure out the Throttle pedal enable, where I can bring it from 90% to 50-60%. Thank you very much for your assistance, and also, if there is anything I can maybe adjust on this tune now without a wideband, that would also be awesome. Also, if you could point me out to a decent wideband that isnt going to kill my pocket book, where I can buy with paypal, that would help alot also. Thank you so much for your help!

2006 GMC Sierra 5.3 9-1-16.hptmod - 17 Rims (no speedo) NO TM.hpt

Make sure you are in advanced view under the edit tab. EDIT > View > advanced. Though you should already be in it if you can make the other changes.

PE throttle/pedal, hot/cold are the throttle pedal enable tables I am talking about. That control how much TPS % it takes to enter PE.

I've ran an AEM wideband, they are where like 160-180 the last time I checked. If you don't have the PRO interface you can log the wideband through the EGR circuit on those trucks and it works great. Did that on my old 06 sierra with no problems.

I'm sure you could tweak minor things without a wideband but when it comes to tuning fuel with the VE/MAF and for WOT, the wideband is truely wanted. Makes things so much eaiser and safer.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 10-12-2016 at 09:08 PM.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Yes sir, thank you very much for the info, I'm going to try that right now and test drive it and see how it does.
    Too bad I couldn't use the copy of your tune from your old 06 Sierra, that's exactly what I have.
    I'm going to order the wideband very soon and yes I do have the pro, I made sure to get it for the scanning without laptop and wideband connections. You're awesome dude.

After following all the steps you gave me, I have came up with this altered tune, and I went to the car wash last night after altering the tune, and when I came out of the car wash, I lost traction and went fish tailing down the road. Which is no problem, I was prepared for it, so im guessing my traction control is minor or gone.
    I attached the latest file, and also, could is be a bad thing to enter P.E. early? or something like that, I read on another post that it can cause knocks? Oh and how can I tell if my Electronic throttle is reacting at 100% and as fast as it possibly can.

2006 GMC Sierra 5.3 9-1-16.hptmod - 17 Rims (no speedo) NO TM.hpt

Also, is this wideband any good for what I need?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/232112485222...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Or possibly this one?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/131801101436...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

And this is the third one I found.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/272220836404...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Thank you for all your help!

I have the either the 2nd or the 3rd wideband you posted, both look nearly the same.

With how you have it setup you aren't really enter PE that early, it still taking over 50% throttle to do so and under normal driving you should only be around 20-40%. The throttle blade can only move so fast and currently it's tuned just fine, nothing is really holding it back until either TM kicks in or some abuse settings take over but that isn't a huge worry here.

Just do some data logging if things concern you, that is the only way to know how the truck is running. Watch the TPS, timing, knock retard, injectors, fuel trims, commanded AFR and stuff like that. First order of business in my eyes would be to start with the VE and MAF tuning once you have your wideband handy, then work on everything else from there.

Guy said he will take $135 for this one

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=232112485222

Will it work? Or should I spend the other $30 and get the other one? Thanks in advance bud.

My wideband will be here Tuesday (tomorrow), I just need to get my buddy to install the bung and ill be good to go, I got the wideband you suggested me to get. Thanks bud. Ill report back when it's in.