Thread: 2011 Silverado with 6l80E - Very harsh 2-3 shift

Tuner

2011 Silverado with 6l80E - Very harsh 2-3 shift

I am currently experiencing and issue with a 2011 Silverado with a 6.2 L and the 6l80E trans. Previous tuner had deleted Torque Management. The owner is complaining about harsh shifts. He says it wasn't like that before. I have compared to a stock tune and turned the TM back to stock and have tried to reduce the 2 -3 upshift pressure and time, as well as the TM. No success. Any suggestions, would be appreciated. I have attached
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    I'm no expert but I can relate to what you are experiencing Maybe its not the tune but the trans itself. I had a 99 Silverado with a 4l60e trans that was doing the same thing. Its a common problem with high miles transmissions of that type. The Torque Converter Clutch Isolation valve sticks because it is worn. I don't know if the 6l80e has similar issues when it gets high miles on it. Are you getting any trans trouble codes? Just food for thought.

Tuner
    It turns out the previous tuner had greatly reduced the shift torque factor. It's been awhile, but I believe I was unable to see the shift torque fields in the older version of HP Tuners. Thanks for your response though.