Thread: Unable to Change Commanded Air Fuel Ratio - GM Gen IV

Tuner

Unable to Change Commanded Air Fuel Ratio - GM Gen IV

Please help. I am unable to change the commanded A/F ratio. I am working on a 2011 Silverado and have disabled Closed loop as well as LTFT's. I have hacked all of the open loop tables, even those that I wouldn't normally mess with. Anyone know what I am missing? Help would be greatly appreciated. The commanded A/F ratio always reads 12.23. I have attached the most recent hacked up version of the tune.

Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Log alcohol content, I bet that is stuck around 30-40% and causing the stoich value to be 12.23 AFR.

If you are not running E85 fuel or anything other than the standard E0 to E10 fuel, just disable the flex fuel virtual sensor and set the stoich to 14.68 throughout the whole table.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    I'll give t.hat a shot. Thanks

Tuner
    That was it. Good call. I appreciate it.

Tuner
    Just happen to be working on a 2011 Silverado with the 6.2 and the 6L80E. It has very harsh shifts and especially the 2-3 shift. The previous tuner turned off torque management. I have turned it back on, and have made some adjustments to the 2 - 3 upshift pressure and time with no luck. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Try returning the shift torque factor back to stock, he changed it by like 80% and that could be too much on a heavy truck. Same with the adder modifier table under the shift torque factor, return it to stock.

Also increase the 2-3 shift time to around .3000, I have found that going lower can result in clunking and harsh shifts on very heavy vehicles like theses.

Once these changes are made try and do a transmission preset/reset in the scanner after flashing the tune to let the transmission take the changes and relearn again. If you haven't done it before, just flash the tune, open the scanner and start scanning with KOEO, then open the special vehicle functions tab and go over to transmission. Find the preset/reset and click reset and then preset, start the vehicle and go for a drive.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    I don't have the stock tune, but downloaded a couple from the repository. Unfortunately, they are in version 3.0 format and I am still using version 2.24. I have 3.0 installed and when I open the file and compare to a stock tune, 3.0 is not showing me all the tables, so I am having trouble seeing what the stock setting are. Not sure what is going on with that. I may try to download 3.0 again. A stock file in version 2 format would be good. Thanks for your help.

Tuner
    Once again, you were spot on. For some reason my version 3.2 does not show the Shift Torque Factor values and that's what the stock files were saved in. I had a Camaro with a 6l80e that I had tuned in version 2.24 and used it for comparison. Thanks again.

So changing the shift torque factor back to stock settings helped with the shifting?

Tuner
    At first, I thought it did, now I'm not so sure. 1-2 feels softer, but 2-3 is still harsh. I tried the trans reset, but didn't select the present button. Need to try that.

Quote Originally Posted by SB2PRO View Post
    I don't have the stock tune, but downloaded a couple from the repository. Unfortunately, they are in version 3.0 format and I am still using version 2.24. I have 3.0 installed and when I open the file and compare to a stock tune, 3.0 is not showing me all the tables, so I am having trouble seeing what the stock setting are. Not sure what is going on with that. I may try to download 3.0 again. A stock file in version 2 format would be good. Thanks for your help.
    Probably aren't in advanced view. Edit, view, advanced. Close, reopen
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner