Thread: EFI U. 101&advance courses

Tuner

EFI U. 101&advance courses

Hey just wanted to say, maybe want to start looking, talking with EFI U. about getting some training courses. I see that efilive has thier foot in the door. theres also talk about coming up with a industry standard trained tuners or something like ASE certified.

I plan on taking these both 101 and advance. be nice in the future that I could be EFI hpt certified.

Or maybe your own type of certification courses, with different levels.

I be willing to learn and pay for it.

any thoughts or ideas??
    2009 G8 GT ... stock... DD

2005 GTO A4 (heads and cam ) currently broken.... last time 12.4 @ 109 (just a TC)

Sold: 2001 Chevrolet 2500HD 4X4 8100 vortec RCLB [email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    I took the EFI 101 class, not too bad if you don't know much about tuning and such. Let's put it this way, I'm glad my work paid for the class...

Billiumss:
    What did you like/dislike about EFI?
    Expensive? About Right? Cheap?

Just trying to get an idea what you were looking for & what you got out of the class.

EC
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner
    EC - They've got details on their website about what type of stuff each session covers. IMO, it didn't seem like it covered much beyond the basics. I think most of us could learn more from this stuff just by drawing info from experienced tuners (like yourself) with specific questions rather than getting a broad education.
    2016 Camaro SS

Advanced Tuner
    EC, do you work with EFI University?

Nope. I'm strictly self taught.

I learned most everything I know from my years at Edelbrock (14), Magnuson (2), and tuning on my own stuff from 1984 up. Had a carb on an Olds way back then, played around with a 280ZX I picked up for cheap in college, then had an 89 TBI Camaro for a while too. Tuned a bunch of stuff on the side for fun & for $$ too.

EC

Advanced Tuner
    The main thing I liked about the EFI 101 class was it was a very good over view on how an EFI system works and seen some on the fly dyno tuning.

When ever I asked Ben about LS1's he seem to totally avoid it, all he was concerned about was aftermarket EFI systems, which, I didn't know before I took the class.

If it were a very detailed class, then I would have thought it was worth the money. It shouldn't cost no more than $500.

If there were a LS1/LS2 EFI HPT tuning class, I think there should be 2, a basic one to show you how to use the software and do some basic stuff and an advanced class for all out with dyno tuning.

There are so many tables that I would like to know what does what when you change them, having a HPT class could answer all my questions.

If the price was right, I'd fly/drive to where ever it was to be had. Just like EFI University, you need host shops to hold these classes. I would nominate Wheel 2 Wheel since they use HPT software and are one of the best tuners out there.

If there is anything I can do to make this happen, just let me know and I'll help as much as I can.

Bill

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Billiumss
    If there is anything I can do to make this happen, just let me know and I'll help as much as I can.

We need Jay Leno

-Ken

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken@HPTuners
    We need Jay Leno

-Ken

You live closer to him, call him up!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken@HPTuners
    We need Jay Leno

-Ken
    Didn't you tune his 56 Chrysler Imperial?

Tuner
    yeah, let me know too, if there is anything I could for this to happen.
    and I was being serious too about the classes and certification.

I think the tuning world is ready for this.
    2009 G8 GT ... stock... DD

2005 GTO A4 (heads and cam ) currently broken.... last time 12.4 @ 109 (just a TC)

Sold: 2001 Chevrolet 2500HD 4X4 8100 vortec RCLB [email protected]

Tuner in Training

Not Just EFI U

Hello All,
    We will soon need your help to review the training manual and the course content before general release to the world.

We need individuals who are willing to apply their experience in editing this complex subject and ensure that it is simplified or less complicated to create a greater understanding. The word selection, phrases must be concistent with the industry.
    We are pursuing further communications with HP Tuners to hopfully get their participation in the project. The more emails we receive will prove to us that this community really wants support products.

Don't be shy... If there is an area of tuning that you feel is poorly expalined let me know... We can't fix what we don't know is broken.

If you are interested please Email me directly.

[email protected]

Senior Tuner
    From my understanding, most aftermarket tuning solutions (like AEM, Accel, FAST) have certification courses for their software. Supposedly from what I heard is that there will be a standard for tuning. I am not sure if it is coming from the OEMs or SAE or what. Wish I had more detailed info then that. I will try and get more info if I can though.

Most of us on here would be wasting our money to attend the EFI 101 seminars for what our scope is. As mentioned, it is a very basic overview of how the electronic interact with each other. If you are lookin gto get into aftermarket units, it may be worth it. But understand that as I mentioned, some aftermarket units have their own certification process that may be of more benefit.
    Last edited by 12secSS; 06-29-2006 at 11:09 AM.

Tuner in Training

Too many Basic Classes???

Just to be clear... We already deliver advanced training for many automotive and OEM's Technicians.

We have courses in all areas of the automotive disiplines
    Are target market is the professional technician.

Regards

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by 12secSS
    From my understanding, most aftermarket tuning solutions (like AEM, Accel, FAST) have certification courses for their software. Supposedly from what I heard is that there will be a standard for tuning. I am not sure if it is coming from the OEMs or SAE or what. Wish I had more detailed info then that. I will try and get more info if I can though.

Most of us on here would be wasting our money to attend the EFI 101 seminars for what our scope is. As mentioned, it is a very basic overview of how the electronic interact with each other. If you are lookin gto get into aftermarket units, it may be worth it. But understand that as I mentioned, some aftermarket units have their own certification process that may be of more benefit.
    Just curious, did you attend 101 or Advanced? I think for a lot of people it is actually a reasonably good investment. I am not for sure what you mean by "overview of how the electronic interact". If you mean how all of the primary sensors (there are 5) work together, the best measures of load on the engine, reasonable discussions about AFR and timing, and particularly in regards to timing 'how' to find the best timing. There were basic things covered as well, but there was also some fairly good insight into a lot of things that are often overlooked or not discussed. It is much more geared towards aftermarket ECU's though.

Have you attended any of the aftermarket ECU classes? If you have, you find out that 99.999% of the time is spent discussing how to use the software. i.e. not much time is actually spent discussing 'how' to tune or 'why' something works the way it does.

Quote Originally Posted by all-flavors
    Just to be clear... We already deliver advanced training for many automotive and OEM's Technicians.

We have courses in all areas of the automotive disiplines
    Are target market is the professional technician.

Regards

[email protected]
    Why don't you post a link to your web site? Oh wait, you don't have one.

You have posted on every board revolving around tuning for LSx engines. On most the boards you post under 'techlink' as your userid. Why don't you just use your real name, the company's real name, etc.

And stop asking people for 'free' knowledge so that you can make money off them. Get off your ass, buy the products, and start tuning. From some of your other posts, you sound like you have knowledge and experience, so stop hiding behind lame posts.

Tuner in Training

I don't Hide behind any thing or any one

Get off... From the response that I have gotten shows me that what i'm doing is working and appreciated. For those that I am furthering discussions have recieved their NDA packages.

We have a website I don' Need Information on how to tune... I am Building a Training Manual that is going to be great.

By the way I have most of the OEM side of software covered... I just don't make alot of noise with it...

As for the website Autotech-Training.com exists it's being rebuilt UnderConstruction ... The Shell is still there the Rest has been taken down to Redo it all a make an E learning Site...

My name is
    Jeff Bosch
    Bosch Technologies Group

I you want more Information I'll Provide It

I don't need your secrets, I keep secrets and I'll share all of my own...

Tuner in Training
    ^^ <Cough>