Thread: 2011 Camaro Disabling LTFT/Closed Loop for MAF Calibration

Tuner in Training

2011 Camaro Disabling LTFT/Closed Loop for MAF Calibration

Hey HPT Community:

I tried a quick search and had no luck, also went through the (Read first) post and got no type of help with this specific question. A friend of mine wants to borrow my HPT Pro Suite to tune his car for his new Cold air intake and high flow cats/new exhaust. How can you disable the LTFT to not be used so we can calibrate his MAF using a wideband and comparing it to the commanded AFR? I browsed through the available tabs and didn't see anything under Fuel that I could set to an unreachable limit so that LTFT's would be ineffective.

Probably something extremely simple I'm overlooking, just figured id ask as I'm busy with other things and I'm just trying to help him out with what I can.

Thanks in advance,

Anthony

Make sure you are in advanced view. EDIT > View > Advanced.

That will allow you to see every table. Under FUEL there is a min ECT temp for LTFT, set that to the the max or anything above 250 degree's. Then there will be a closed loop enable that stock is somewhere around 90-120 degree coolant temp, same thing that just max it out and it will be in open loop. You will also want to disable the VVE from working by setting the dynamic airflow really low. Like 400rpm.

I would tune the VVE first though before tuning the MAF. Just doing the MAF isn't enough as the computer will still use the VVE during transient fueling.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    What's interesting is I was in advanced view... that's why I was so confused, because the gen 3 stuff always showed up for me as soon as I looked I could find it within 15 seconds. I'll verify I was indeed in advanced mode and reply if it's resolved or not.

Tuner in Training
    I rechecked the view and I am indeed in advanced view. There is no setting anywhere that I can locate in the fuel tab or any other tab that will allow you to define the ECT temp to switch from open to closed loop. I downloaded another V6 from the tune deposit archives that is just a stock 2011 V6 Camaro tune base map and its the exact same view in advanced mode.

DFCO.JPG
    HP Tuners fuel screenshot.JPG
    HP Tuners PE.JPG
    Lean Fuel.JPG

Again, Thanks in advance for any help.

Anthony

Post the tune...

anthony? v6 or v8? if its a 6 we dont have that option

Tuner in Training
    V6..... That's what I figured, he went a different route anyhow hence why I stopped checking for updates on this thread.

there is a way to disable temporarily unplug the purge solenoid on the manifold

Tuner in Training
    Unplugging Purge solenoid disables Closed loop?

yes you can then tune off the stft only ltft will be disabled