Thread: EQ error in PE when tuning

Potential Tuner

EQ error in PE when tuning

Hi all,

I've been working on the basics of tuning the VVE data in the normal driving range (0-3k RPM and 0-50kPa) and have made progress. When logging "EQ Ratio Error" against RPM and MAP, I've gotten it from 7-8% lean to 0-3% by sneaking up on it with a few rounds of "% half multiply" pasting - cool feature. I'm planning on a few more drives to get it narrowed down a bit more. All tuning is done with closed loop disabled, learning off and LTFT reset from the scanner and the "real" EQ data should be coming from my AEM OBDII WB.

Here comes the question: During the long drives I occasionally get into what I assume is the PE ranges and am curious if the EQ Ratio Error values I see logged are still valid in that mode. I'm guessing the EQ Ratio Error is comparing the WB EQ against the commanded EQ? Does the Commanded EQ change with PE? If so, can I use the same technique I'm using now to straighten out the VVE data in the higher end areas of the table?

I haven't modified the PE EQ table from stock so it will be rich. I think the plan is just to make commanded equal actual first, then tune the commanded to match what the car wants?

Thanks!
    2006 Corvette Z06 - Stock cam and intake, Kooks 1 7/8 headers, .030 milled heads+.040" gasket, Halltech MF103, AEM OBDII WB

EQ Ratio error is exactly that, the difference between commanded and actual.

Whether you're in PE or not makes no difference, it is accurate for telling you how far you off from whatever is being commanded
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Potential Tuner
    Cool. It sounds like I'm on the right track and can just keep on keeping on.

Thanks!!
    2006 Corvette Z06 - Stock cam and intake, Kooks 1 7/8 headers, .030 milled heads+.040" gasket, Halltech MF103, AEM OBDII WB