Thread: 6l80e offgoing pressure preset table?

Advanced Tuner

6l80e offgoing pressure preset table?

Would this table possibly help with the letting go feeling the wot shifting has. Tuning 6l80e trans I always notice that soggy feeling just before a nice firm, crisp shift. I usually raise the spark minimum tq mgmt table to help with the drop of timing during shifts also leaving at least 40% tq mgmt during shifts that seems to help tremendously. but I feel other factors are playing a roll in this letting go I keep feeling. Maybe this offgoing pressure preset table has something to do with this. Probably a long shot, but occasionally long shots find their mark.

have you tried oncoming pressure presets?

Advanced Tuner
    I have added around 15% to my oncoming pressure tables. It helps a little until the shift gets a little more harsh than I am trying to achieve. I basically just do my best to ignore it now. I was talking to my long time friend & pro tuner, he said at one point he went on a quest to fix the same issue on his wife's G8. and spent countless hours hunting for a solution to no avail. maybe one day ill get that compulsive feeling to go hunting for a solution but for now ignorance is bliss.

Tuning Addict
    The pressure settings themselves help a lot with this including the speed of the shifts - increase your max and regular line kpa settings as well. Then set power upshift to disabled... Inertia adder helps too - add something like .001 at a time to them... All of that will help with the 2-3 upshift soggy feel... It's actually a designed in mechanical issue in the clutch pack clearances themselves, but tuning can make a difference...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Advanced Tuner
    I'm glad you put that out there with the mechanics of the clutch to clutch transmission. that it's partially the design to blame. I've felt this way from the beginning. On a side note I drove a 2010 Camaro SS today with the 6l80e and barely noticed it. The car had been tuned I might add. But in my brothers truck 4wd weighing in at around 5700 with a 1/4 tank of fuel. The feeling is much more greatly pronounced. Not doubt from the greater mass to be propelled by said forces. Thanks for the pointers GHuggins.

Advanced Tuner
    power up shift to zero? where is that?
    2016 Hellcat Challenger, automatic, black on black with brass monkey wheels

10.13@ 140 DA 5000 feet
    2.75 pulley, tune, drag radials. 10 percent lower od crank pulley, 1050 ix. off road mid pipe. tune

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by CactusG8 View Post
    power up shift to zero? where is that?
    6 speed torque management section - Power Upshift - set to disabled...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC