Thread: 2000 Silverado adding E-fans

2000 Silverado adding E-fans

I have a 2000 silverado with a 5.3 and will be swapping in a 6.0 soon. The truck now has a clutch fan. I would like to get rid of it and replace it with electric fans from a newer truck. I read that you can pin the ecm for the fans to work like they do oem on 05 trucks.

How would i go about tuning that, and or is it possible?

Here is the cooling fan diagram for my 2000 corvette..

The dark blue wire is mislabeled and is high speed control. I believe we share the same gen 3 ecm and these are the correct ecm pins and diagram you should try to rebuild. Once that is done you will set low and high speed on and off temps in hptuners.

Thanks a lot!! Will give this a try tomorrow if i get a chance. Was having a hard time finding info on this, and this will help a lot.

Potential Tuner

Thanks white rhyno, that thread helps alot and seems like that route is the easiest to go through. Have not got around to wire them up, but should be a piece of cake with all this info. Thanks alot guys!

Potential Tuner
    Your welcome, i have the fans and wiring sitting in the shop for my 2000. Ill get to it one of these days.

I went to a salvage yard. Left $65 later with 06 fans, wiring harness, and factory fuse/relay block, with fuse block cover. I had to pin the ECM, and used LT1swap.com for the pin outs.

Potential Tuner
    Hello everyone this is my first post here, I was busy with my e-fans conversion on my two trucks (2000 silverado and 2000 suburban) and after going back and forward with different settings i never got the fans activated by ac pressure, ended up by setting the low speed (fan#1)on temp at 75? that way the when ac is turned on the condenser has air flowing through, that is the best setting that I found so far, if anyone have a better setting please share it, any help is appreciated.

you could find a 3 wire a/c pressure sensor off a 2000 gm car that had one and attach it to the high side of your a/c system and wire it to the correct pins on your ecu and then use the a/c pressure settings that are already there with the fan settings.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks AutoWiz for the replay but where exactly that sensor is going to be attached and which pins on the ecu am going to use??
    These trucks come with a two wire high side pressure sensor that give a ground signal when the pressure rise but I don't know for what purpose the ecu use that input.

Goto a self serve junkyard and find a 1997-2004 chevy whatever look under the hood and find the 3 wire sensor attached to the a/c high side line. Remove this sensor and take connector and 3 wire pigtail with it. It might also be a good idea to either cut off an ecu plug or at the very least remove 3 pins out of one of the 2 ecu plugs. replace your high side pressure switch with this pressure transducer. And the 3 wires at the plug for the pressure transducer are as follows..

Black is ground and it goes to ecu connector c1 pin 60

Grey is +5v and it goes to ecu connector c2 pin 45

Red/Black is the signal return and it goes to ecu connector c2 pin 14